PDA

View Full Version : US Timeline 24 : Season 8 (Day 8)

punky
17-01-2010, 22:31
Heads up... S8 starts tonight in the US with a double episode.

Tezcatlipoca
17-01-2010, 22:48
Yup. And then there's another double-bill in the US on Monday night :)

Halcyon
17-01-2010, 23:58
Oh yes, some good TV to look forward to. Can't wait!

cimt
18-01-2010, 13:18
It's a good 2 episodes, the next 2 are meant to be better. The pace is meant to pick up after the 1st 4 episodes too.

punky
18-01-2010, 13:32
Yeah, poor old Jack. He never can seem to get away from it all.

alferret
20-01-2010, 12:07
This is turning out to be a very good start to day 8.

EDIT

Looks like Ms Walker has turned a corner.

cimt
20-01-2010, 19:56
Renee has lost it. She wouldn't even break a single rule or anything last season either. Wasn't that like only 6 months ago in the shows timeline?

Tezcatlipoca
20-01-2010, 23:48
Renee lost it at the end of season 7, while interrogating The Big Bad, hence her leaving the FBI.

She's still hot though.

Good start to the season, I think.

My only real gripe so far is the Agent Starbuck subplot: No problem with someone being able to get a fake ID, but how on Earth would that fake ID hold up to the sort of background checks required for a security clearance to work at CTU? They'd do more than check her birth certificate & other fake-able records... Stretches it a bit too far for me.

cimt
21-01-2010, 00:20
That guy doesn't look like someone connected enough to find her either... But if he found her, why didn't CTU find out who she was?

punky
21-01-2010, 01:44
My only real gripe so far is the Agent Starbuck subplot: No problem with someone being able to get a fake ID, but how on Earth would that fake ID hold up to the sort of background checks required for a security clearance to work at CTU? They'd do more than check her birth certificate & other fake-able records... Stretches it a bit too far for me.

Who is agent Starbuck? Do you mean Dana Walsh? They could know her pervious identity and happy she changed it by deed poll (or whatever the American equivalent is). Normally realism doesn't come into it with 24 :D

Bit disappointed with it so far, hopefully i will pick up. The new CTU director is annoying. Pointless fact of the day - he was Bubba in Forrest Gump.

Damien
24-01-2010, 21:07
24 is always stupid. It's part of the fun. The bad CTU director who doesn't believe jack and then does, until later when Jack will go rouge and CTU will need to track him down. Always happens.

Russ
24-01-2010, 21:17
24 is always stupid. It's part of the fun. The bad CTU director who doesn't believe jack and then does, until later when Jack will go rouge and CTU will need to track him down. Always happens.

They bring him in only for Jack to say they need to let him go as he was about to uncover some major new evidence, he'll either escape or be let out with the help of a CTU friend (usually Chloe :D) or even the CTU Director will have to make a tough and unconventional call to let him go thereby risking his own career :spin:

cimt
24-01-2010, 21:25
They bring him in only for Jack to say they need to let him go as he was about to uncover some major new evidence, he'll either escape or be let out with the help of a CTU friend (usually Chloe :D) or even the CTU Director will have to make a tough and unconventional call to let him go thereby risking his own career :spin:

There was even a time when a director made him kill him. I think it was season 2 or 3.

Tezcatlipoca
24-01-2010, 22:51
Who is agent Starbuck? Do you mean Dana Walsh? They could know her pervious identity and happy she changed it by deed poll (or whatever the American equivalent is). Normally realism doesn't come into it with 24 :D

Yup, that's her. She'll always be Starbuck to me.

Yeah, along with there always being a mole in CTU (FBI last year as there was no CTU), always being someone on the inside in the White House, etc. etc.

24 would make for a great drinking game...

There was even a time when a director made him kill him. I think it was season 2 or 3.

Ryan Chappelle, season 3. The Big Bad of the Day forced David Palmer to have Jack kill Chappelle.

Halcyon
16-03-2010, 22:25
Wow! What an episode this week has been. I'm on episode 12, 3am - 4am and it was one of the most action packed so far this season.
Briliant episode with an excellent ending.

Tezcatlipoca
16-03-2010, 23:03
I thought it was a bit boring at first... until that last section, and *that* ending.

A shame though that the tedious filler story is still on-going (Dana).

Paul
17-03-2010, 00:05
I gave up on 24 after season 6 (the one where a nuclear bomb blew up part of some city, and hardly anyone noticed ....). Every season is more ridiculous then the last.

cimt
23-03-2010, 09:33
I was not expecting that person to do that... No surprise really.

Tezcatlipoca
23-03-2010, 22:57
That was one of the worst ever twists-for-the-sake-of-having-a-twist :rolleyes:

- "Hey, guys... seems the fanbase HATES Dana, & sees her character's lame story as being - at best - pointless filler. What shall we do? We can't ditch Sackhoff now?"

- "Dude, you should know by now what to do... :rolleyes:... MAKE HER A MOLE! You know we always have a mole in CTU, & you know it's always made up as we go along so it doesn't actually make sense."

- "Sweet! The fans will never expect that!"

cimt
24-03-2010, 10:28
It begs the question, is that what Kevin knew about her? And how did he actually find her?

Russ
24-03-2010, 12:32
If they were going to turn anyone dark, for maximum shock value it should be Chloe. But I can't see that ever happening and I really hope it doesn't.

Tezcatlipoca
24-03-2010, 20:01
It begs the question, is that what Kevin knew about her? And how did he actually find her?

I thought we already knew what Kevin knew about Dana... back in her young trailer trash days, when she was "Jenny", she was his girlfriend & they committed crimes together...leading to someone getting killed, Kevin going to prison, & "Jenny" going to juvie for a while.

cimt
24-03-2010, 20:09
I know that, I mean the part about her being with the IRK(?).

Tezcatlipoca
24-03-2010, 20:14
Hmm. Doubt it, given the "make it up as we go along" writing.

Simply knowing her "Jenny" past (juvie criminal etc.) would have been enough for Kevin to utterly trash Dana's career with CTU, & he never made any mention of anything else.

Tezcatlipoca
27-03-2010, 19:21
24 has officially been cancelled. "Day 8" will be the last season.

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/03/26/24-to-end-this-season-film-version-in-the-works/

Fox confirmed today that after eight seasons, 24 will air its series finale on May 24. Star Kiefer Sutherland told EW.com that producing a ninth season for another network like NBC was not an option because he and executive producer Howard Gordon were ready to call it quits.

(snip)

Sutherland promised the series finale would tee up the 24 movie that’s in the works at 20th Century Fox. Billy Ray (State of Play) is writing the screenplay. “We wanted to create a definitive end for Jack Bauer,” explains Sutherland.

(snip)

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2010/03/8.jpg

Russ
13-04-2010, 11:29
I could see THAT death coming a mile off....

Are we doing spoilers here? If so, Most Unlikely plotline #168.....

Chloe in charge of CTU albeit temporarily?!

Halcyon
13-04-2010, 23:27
Oh my gooodness! Episode 17 is just a complete thrill ride!

What a comeback, what a great person taking over CTU, and what an ending!!!

How on earth could they do that ending !!! :(

Tezcatlipoca
13-04-2010, 23:34
I could see THAT death coming a mile off....

Are we doing spoilers here? If so, Most Unlikely plotline #168.....

Chloe in charge of CTU albeit temporarily?!

It's a "US" thread, so spoiler tags are unnecessary for anything which has been broadcast in the US. The only thing I'd tag would be stuff from promos etc. for episodes which have yet to be broadcast.

Renee :( :( :(

Halcyon
14-04-2010, 00:19
What a complete mess up!

Of all the girls Jack could have ended up with, she was the best one. She understood Jack and they had been through a lot of similar things together.

Worst idea ever to kill her off.

Tezcatlipoca
14-04-2010, 00:24
Yup :(

If only Jack had taken her to CTU instead of his bedroom...

I hope that she was gentle with Jack, given the many injuries he's already suffered during this "day". Don't want to pull open his stab wound, for instance.

alferret
14-04-2010, 18:27
Now she can get back to playing Connie on Holby :D

Tezcatlipoca
20-05-2010, 23:46
It's Jack Bauer! It's Jack Bauer! It's Jack Bauer! KILL HIM! QUICK! KILL HIM! KILL HIM! OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!

Rock on. Vengeful Jack FTW :cool: :ninja:

Halcyon
21-05-2010, 23:13
Ah you have to laugh at good old Charles Logan. He's a classic!

Tezcatlipoca
21-05-2010, 23:50
He's a great character, & Gregory Itzin is a great actor.

Mr_love_monkey
22-05-2010, 07:51
Good to see he got Logan with a bug again

---------- Post added at 07:51 ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 ----------

I think it's a shame they've said that there is going to be a film - given it's the last series, and the way the story has gone - it's entirely possible Jack could die - but with a film coming there's no chance

Derek
22-05-2010, 08:27
but with a film coming there's no chance

Is the film a 100% cast iron certainty?

I wouldn't put it past them to announce it to make the shock of Jack ending up dead even more unexpected.

cimt
22-05-2010, 13:12
It's been said for a few years now that once the series ends they'll make a movie.

Mr_love_monkey
22-05-2010, 22:17
Is the film a 100% cast iron certainty?

I wouldn't put it past them to announce it to make the shock of Jack ending up dead even more unexpected.

Not sure it's 100% - but they were talking about it just before it got cancelled - and how it would be set in Europe

---------- Post added at 22:17 ---------- Previous post was at 22:16 ----------

personally I hope there isn't a film, and they do kill him off - as I've never seen how a film of it would work - and I'd much rather see Jack go out in a blaze of glory than a mediocre big screen outing

Halcyon
23-05-2010, 12:13
I heard a rumour that they were due to commence filming shortly.

Another rumour is that most of the film is not real time but the last hour or 30 minutes would be real time.

cimt
23-05-2010, 15:18
I read an interview which I think was with Kiefer where he said that it'll be set in a whole day but it'll time jump like any normal movie.

punky
25-05-2010, 12:34
Well that ending was worse than Lost.

Still, leaves the way open for another movie. Jack escapes to another (African?) country and Russia/USA will try and chase him.

Tezcatlipoca
26-05-2010, 01:31
I liked it, although I was expecting the double bill to be more OTT.