PDA

View Full Version : What is the cancellations problem?

xxxxxx
11-01-2010, 18:58
Right, I've finally cancelled VM (ends Feb 10th)..... but it wasn't easy.

First, I said I wasn't happy with the internet service (20mb bb), which she replied, "why, what's wrong?" which, I replied to, "I'm not even getting half my speed," she then replied, "well.... you'll find you won't always get your top speed during busier hours," then I said, " I know about STM; this isn't STM. My upload speed is also terrible, has been for 10 weeks. But he told me about the utilization problem the last time I rang," she then said, "what does utilization mean? I don't even know what that means." I quickly explained to her what it meant. Then I said I'm not happy and I'm going to Sky or O2, she then replied, "well, you'll find we offer more consistent speeds than any other provider; we have fiber optic," which I replied to, "you used to offer good speeds." And she then stated, "Sky don't even offer unlimited downloads." I responded back, "Yes they do. They even offer better upload speeds." She seriously wasn't having any of it; stuck with, Virgin Media is the best service.... well, I can understand that, because she does work for them.

Not only that.... the tone of her voice was disgusting. She didn't let me get a word in. I am now happy to get rid of this so called internet provider.

Ignitionnet
11-01-2010, 19:28
I believe those guys get paid to retain customers, so they'll do pretty much anything to do so. Evidently the hard sell didn't work.

frazzeld
11-01-2010, 19:44
The Grass isn't always greener on the otherside

caph
11-01-2010, 20:50
I had the same thing when I left Sky. There's no other way to put it than downright rudeness. Very nasty people to deal with, those retentions guys and gals!

newbie1001
11-01-2010, 20:58
I always use Email or snail mail if you truly wish to cancel that way you get get to avoid speaking to someone whose job is to make you feel bad for leaving and will try to talk you into staying at all costs.

ferretuk
12-01-2010, 09:50
I just say I'm moving abroad - Save's a lot of hassle :)