PDA

View Full Version : new customer wants to move address but has outstanding bill?

david419
09-01-2010, 18:54
hi all, i have just been accepted with virgin media for a broadband, tv and phone bundle. the problem is that i had virgin services when i was living with my wife and the bill was unpaid so it got disconnected and still owe a pretty hefty bill in my name at my wifes address,

i have now been accepted as a new customer at my parents address for the bundle deal but i am now moving back to my wifes place and want to take the virgin services as well,

will virgin media transfer the services to my wifes place even though its my name and i still owe them money for a previous service or can they cancel my services altogether???

or will it work if i just set up the boxes and modem at the new place or does it get disconected from the street??

darren.b
09-01-2010, 19:16
I don't know what they'll do - probably chase up the debt. Why not pay what you owe instead of trying to fiddle them? I don't particularly enjoy paying higher prices to subsidise theft of service and non-payment of debts.

If you shifted your boxes to a different address without telling them you will run into brick walls if you ever need a tech out to fix a problem.

As for disconnecting from the street, it is known to occur.

Sirius
09-01-2010, 19:27
I don't know what they'll do - probably chase up the debt. Why not pay what you owe instead of trying to fiddle them? I don't particularly enjoy paying higher prices to subsidise theft of service and non-payment of debts.

If you shifted your boxes to a different address without telling them you will run into brick walls if you ever need a tech out to fix a problem.

As for disconnecting from the street, it is known to occur.

Plus VM are having a card swap and that card will be sent to the old address.

jungleguy
10-01-2010, 11:24
have you been installed at your parents?

fixerman
10-01-2010, 12:58
If you can afford to sign up for this bundle maybe you should consider paying your lawful debts and that should help to keep all our subscription costs down. Otherwise we are subsiding your lifestyle.:mad: