PDA

View Full Version : Wot no installation!

Juz
09-01-2010, 15:14
Had my installation booked for today between 8am and 1pm.

Not surprisingly with the weather/conditions the engineer hasn't shown up. A phonecall would have been nice so that I didn't spend most of the day hanging around. I didn't really expect anybody to turn up but a courtesy call I do expect!

This is not a good start Virgin! I'm in half a mind to phone and cancel completely.

The problem now is that BT are going to disconnect my line on the 17th unless I contact them by the 15th and I can't see that my Cable will be installed before then as conditions are getting worse not better.

Any suggestions?

Digital Fanatic
09-01-2010, 15:35
Had my installation booked for today between 8am and 1pm.

Not surprisingly with the weather/conditions the engineer hasn't shown up. A phonecall would have been nice so that I didn't spend most of the day hanging around. I didn't really expect anybody to turn up but a courtesy call I do expect!

This is not a good start Virgin! I'm in half a mind to phone and cancel completely.

The problem now is that BT are going to disconnect my line on the 17th unless I contact them by the 15th and I can't see that my Cable will be installed before then as conditions are getting worse not better.

Any suggestions?

Have you contacted Virgin Media? Your tech might be delayed?

FairyFairy
09-01-2010, 16:04
Its a great pity Virgin didn't contact you ..... have they heard of mobile phones?? :rolleyes:

Juz
09-01-2010, 16:42
Have you contacted Virgin Media? Your tech might be delayed?

No I haven't. He might be, all the more reason to ring me to let me know. :mad:

Its now dark outside and the snow's getting deeper so I can't seem him turning up now.

Is there anyway that I can delay BT disconnecting my line until my installation? If not the only call I'll be making to VM is to cancel my contract before its even started!

dave_dph
09-01-2010, 18:05
Is there anyway that I can delay BT disconnecting my line until my installation? If not the only call I'll be making to VM is to cancel my contract before its even started!

Are you porting your number to VM?

Digital Fanatic
09-01-2010, 18:18
No I haven't. He might be, all the more reason to ring me to let me know. :mad:

Its now dark outside and the snow's getting deeper so I can't seem him turning up now.

You should have been called and advised... I know the installs teams are stretched with the weather, but a call should have been made to you.

Call BT and advise you are not disconnecting just yet... but I'd call VM to find out whats happening first, so you know what you want to do.

Juz
09-01-2010, 21:34
Are you porting your number to VM?

Yes I am, but I'm beginning to wonder whether to bother if they can't even organise an install, or lack of one, effectively!

You should have been called and advised... I know the installs teams are stretched with the weather, but a call should have been made to you.

I perfectly understand the situation with the weather and would have been perfectly happy if my install had been cancelled all things considered, but to just not turn up or get in contact is in no way acceptable to me.

dave_dph
09-01-2010, 21:54
Yes I am, but I'm beginning to wonder whether to bother if they can't even organise an install, or lack of one, effectively!

BT won't disconnect you until VM port the number across. Dont speak to BT as it will confuse things, just call VM to get clarification on the installation.

Digital Fanatic
09-01-2010, 23:12

I perfectly understand the situation with the weather and would have been perfectly happy if my install had been cancelled all things considered, but to just not turn up or get in contact is in no way acceptable to me.

I don't think anyone would disagree with that. Installs are closed tomorrow, so no point in calling.. you'll have to speak to them on Monday to find out what's going on. I know they should be calling you and not you doing the chasing, but somethings gone wrong here and you need to find out what's happening.

Sorry you've been let down.. hope it gets sorted for you.

Gary L
09-01-2010, 23:33
I didn't really expect anybody to turn up but a courtesy call I do expect!

They usually leave you a message on your mobile that isn't there, or isn't set to take messages. or they called at your house making a note of the colour of your door on the way past.

Juz
09-01-2010, 23:55
Installs are closed tomorrow, so no point in calling.. you'll have to speak to them on Monday to find out what's going on.

Could you tell me what number I should ring for that on monday?

Digital Fanatic
10-01-2010, 09:25
Could you tell me what number I should ring for that on monday?

Call 0845 454 1111 from a non- Virgin media lineand select "Installations"

Juz
11-01-2010, 10:12
Unbelievable!

Phoned VM this morning about my install. Took them 10 minutes to find my account details. They couldn't find it with my account number, my telephone number or my address and post code!!

They eventually tracked it down with my mobile number, what the hell is going on there? I must be mad to want to have any dealings with this company!!

Turns out they had already rescheduled my installation before the original date due to the weather but nobody had bothered to tell me, they also arranged the other date without consulting me to find out whether it was convenient first! Fortunately my Wife is off on the day on question.

Do I need to call BT now to make sure they don't cut my line on the 17th or will they definitely not do that until the numbers is ported by VM?

Digital Fanatic
11-01-2010, 12:59
Your BT line shouldn't cease until the port has completed. HTH

zing_deleted
11-01-2010, 13:08
unfortunately this is not an out of the ordinary case. VM just love to mess people around. TBH pretty much everytime ive expected a call ive not received one. Some VM staff members of this forum are out standing however shame the whole company were not the same

Digital Fanatic
11-01-2010, 13:10
There was no excuse here... the customer should have had that call to advise about the appointment being moved and didn't. The OP has really been let down here. :(

Deklerium
13-01-2010, 23:02
I've just had a very frustrating day, waiting for an installation between 1 and 6 PM that never happened. I have a letter, plus a contract, clearly stating that my installation was booked for 13th January. However, when I phoned the 'help' line (twice), I was told by both customer service people that I had never been booked for 13th and that it was booked for 16th January instead. They apparently have no record of the 13th January slot - I could understand if the bad weather has caused delays, but there was no mention of it.

This is my first experience of Virgin Media, and I am distinctly unimpressed. Even when I told them I would cancel the whole package, neither of them seemed bothered. Am I just unlucky, or can I expect more of this ?

Digital Fanatic
14-01-2010, 00:01
I've just had a very frustrating day, waiting for an installation between 1 and 6 PM that never happened. I have a letter, plus a contract, clearly stating that my installation was booked for 13th January. However, when I phoned the 'help' line (twice), I was told by both customer service people that I had never been booked for 13th and that it was booked for 16th January instead. They apparently have no record of the 13th January slot - I could understand if the bad weather has caused delays, but there was no mention of it.

This is my first experience of Virgin Media, and I am distinctly unimpressed. Even when I told them I would cancel the whole package, neither of them seemed bothered. Am I just unlucky, or can I expect more of this ?

Sorry to hear that Deklerium... Not sure what's happened there.. Admin error?

:welcome: to the forum by the way!

Juz
14-01-2010, 20:01
Am I just unlucky, or can I expect more of this ?

If you have a good look on this forum and VM's own support forum you'll soon be able to answer that question yourself! I think in all likelihood you should expect more of the same.

I had a letter today confirming that my installation has been rescheduled for next Thursday afternoon. If you've only got to wait an extra three days I'd say you'd done very well as my original install date was last Sunday!

If they fail this time thats it, I'm ditching them.

rust_81
21-01-2010, 09:22
I've had pretty much the same level of service as you have. My installation was booked for 18th Jan (I ordered on 22nd Dec) in the afternoon. I booked the whole day off as holiday to make sure I was at home when the installation team arrived. By 4pm I thought I'd better check in to make sure someone was on the way. The CS team then told me the appointment had been cancelled and moved to 19th February - another whole month away! No-one can explain why this has happened

To add salt into the wound, I also received a letter yesterday, dated 18th Jan (my original install date) telling me that my install date had moved. Maybe Virgin think that a letter dated 18th January will reach me the same day!

So as of today I still have no service. I thought BT were bad!