PDA

View Full Version : Internet & Wii

wanderlust9
06-01-2010, 00:55
Apologies if this is in the wrong section

I hope someone reading this can offer some advice please.
I now have a Wii which I would like to connect to the internet.
My existing setup is: a VM wired connection - PC and Ambit modem (upstairs) (modem has no spare ports) and the wii downstairs.
As far as I can gather, I also need a Wii LAN adaptor and a router. Is this correct? - Or is there any other/simpler/cheaper way to connect?

Ben B
06-01-2010, 00:59
:welcome:

The wii has built in wi-fi so if you get a wireless router all you need is to go into the wii settings and connect to it. Or you can get a Nintendo Wi-Fi adaptor for your computer which simply plugs into your computer and your wii can connect wirelessly through that. Or you can get a LAN adaptor for the Wii which you connect to your modem via ethernet but you will only be able to use either the computer or the wii at once not both.

Ben :)

wanderlust9
06-01-2010, 01:25
Hi

Thanks Ben B - I didnt expect a reply that quick!

I think I'll try the Wi-Fi adaptor route as I'm unsure about the connecting the router up. Thanks again. :handshakehttp://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/images/smilies/shakehands.gif

Ben B
06-01-2010, 01:29
No problem, but remember the computer has to be on when you're on the wii if you go with that route. If you choose a router you will have the advantage of 4 additional ethernet ports and the pc wont need to be on. Most routers come with a step by step CD as well to assist you. Just a thought :) Let us know how you get on