PDA

View Full Version : Cabinet doors wide open

MJG
01-01-2010, 18:30
Just over a week ago (23/12/09) I reported via. 151 on my VM phone that the doors on the green VM cabinet at the bottom of our road were wide open to the elements.

The agent took the details and post code, and said the information would be passed on.

Over a week on is it fixed??????

What do we we think?

No still wide open to the snow, rain and ice that have been falling around these parts (It's only about 50 yards from a gritted main bus route in case any body was thinking it might not be accessible.)

I ain't ringing again, I really can't be @rsed,

altis
01-01-2010, 21:01
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/10/25343-green-box-doors-left-open-page-5.html#post34838228

MJG
01-01-2010, 21:32
Thanks sent a(nother) report through the link you posted

- not optimistic It's going to make a blind bit of difference though - I'll probably only get fixed after somebody injures them self (too late then) on it or all the VM services on the street go down.

Welshchris
02-01-2010, 13:24
MJG... According to the so called "wise words" of the Virgin media CEO office when a report is put in about an open/damaged cabenet it should get repaired within 48hrs tops.

The reason i know this is Christmas 2008 i moved to where i am now and i found the cabenet doors open on christmas day and wires hanging out and i reported it on the newsgroups and they got back to me saying it will be sorted within 7 days but it took them over a month and caused a lot of local SNR issues for the building i am in. When i contacted the CEO office and told them nothing had been done he asked me when i had reported it and he told me that it should have been sorted between 27 - 31st of december as a priority and when they told me 7 days that was totally unacceptable.

MJG
06-01-2010, 22:09
Nearly 3 weeks on now and still wide open.

Reported twice and cabinet now very damp inside with sleet and driving/melting snow.

Some signs of rust appearing on connections and the mounting panel at the back.

If it's still like this on Saturday when I have time I'll post a pic.

So very not impressed....these people are obviously an incompetent joke - sorry to be so frank but that is really how it's looking.

ruddock08
07-01-2010, 08:55
Was it one from the Indian Call Centre you spoke to? I have to say, the people that work in the call centres really don't seem to give a damn but both engineers I've had out were absolutely great! (one even rang up his mate who was off work to get us a samsung v+!)

Just make sure not to take your anger out on the engineer as they always seem to be the ones who end up with a gob full.

:)

Peter_
07-01-2010, 13:40
Was it one from the Indian Call Centre you spoke to? I have to say, the people that work in the call centres really don't seem to give a damn

That is rather blanket statement are you refering to all agents or just offshore.

MJG
07-01-2010, 16:43
Was it one from the Indian Call Centre you spoke to? I have to say, the people that work in the call centres really don't seem to give a damn but both engineers I've had out were absolutely great! (one even rang up his mate who was off work to get us a samsung v+!)

Just make sure not to take your anger out on the engineer as they always seem to be the ones who end up with a gob full.

:)

If you read back through the short thread you will see that I have reported this twice-

Once to the call centre -this to a lady with a Scottish accent so I guess she wasn't in India though of course she may very well have been, I reckon though Scotland was more likely. Not sure what that has to do with anything though, she did though seem to give a damn.

The second report was through the On line reporting system a previous poster provided a link to.

As to being angry at the engineer I have no intention, and as it happens as the thing is about 50 yards from my house I am unlikely ever to meet the guy. (or gal they must have lady techs too I would reckon).

The thing is it doesn't really need an 'engineer' it just need somebody to come with the correct key to close and lock it - if I had one I'd do it myself, before somebody comes and rips all the cabling out of it or before it all succumbs to the weather.....

MJG
09-01-2010, 10:33
Break open the champers.......

Went to take a photo this morning and tiz sorted......

Only took best part of three weeks.

MJG
10-01-2010, 15:53
Seems spoke too soon wide open again this morning.....

cablestar
11-01-2010, 16:58
the team that is dedicated to cab repairs have so many cab's to repair due to kids breaking into them it is hard for them to get out when people expect them, people seem to forget that they have 75% of the country to cover and it ant easy when suppliers let virgin dowm with spares.

Digital Fanatic
11-01-2010, 17:25
Seems spoke too soon wide open again this morning.....

Probably kids breaking in to in again... maybe it was fixed a few weeks ago and opened again?

MJG
11-01-2010, 23:37
Probably kids breaking in to in again... maybe it was fixed a few weeks ago and opened again?

Have you properly read my post and noted the dates they were made.

Noted open before just xmas and only noted to be fixed last Saturday so how on earth does -

"maybe it was fixed a few weeks ago and opened again?" compute.....

Sorry Digital Fanatic you are part of the problem not the solution if you can't read posts made here correctly..

---------- Post added at 23:37 ---------- Previous post was at 23:36 ----------

the team that is dedicated to cab repairs have so many cab's to repair due to kids breaking into them it is hard for them to get out when people expect them, people seem to forget that they have 75% of the country to cover and it ant easy when suppliers let virgin dowm with spares.

Spares - rubbish - it just needs closing and locking....

Digital Fanatic
11-01-2010, 23:57
Have you properly read my post and noted the dates they were made.

Noted open before just xmas and only noted to be fixed last Saturday so how on earth does -

"maybe it was fixed a few weeks ago and opened again?" compute.....

Sorry Digital Fanatic you are part of the problem not the solution if you can't read posts made here correctly..

---------- Post added at 23:37 ---------- Previous post was at 23:36 ----------

Spares - rubbish - it just needs closing and locking....

There is no need to be rude MJG... goodnight. :sleep:

MJG
12-01-2010, 00:10
There is no need to be rude MJG... goodnight. :sleep:

You don't think??

Kymmy
12-01-2010, 00:19
Can I remind members to be civil towards other members in their posts.

The sites TOS (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/about/21/terms-and-conditions) that everyone agrees to when they register states:

You agree that you will not:

1.Provoke others or cause trouble

chris31560
12-01-2010, 19:54
hi there why dont you close the cab door yourself, then at least you know it will be locked proparly..

---------- Post added at 19:54 ---------- Previous post was at 19:50 ----------

hi there why dont you lock the cab door yourself then at least you know its done properly..

MJG
12-01-2010, 20:41
hi there why dont you close the cab door yourself, then at least you know it will be locked proparly..

---------- Post added at 19:54 ---------- Previous post was at 19:50 ----------

hi there why dont you lock the cab door yourself then at least you know its done properly..

A very valid question - the doors however look as though they need a special shaped key to be inserted to lock them...which of course I don't have.

---------- Post added at 20:41 ---------- Previous post was at 20:40 ----------

[B]Can I remind members to be civil towards other members in their posts.

Of course you can

martyh
12-01-2010, 20:43
A very valid question - the doors however look as though they need a special shaped key to be inserted to lock them...which of course I don't have.

---------- Post added at 20:41 ---------- Previous post was at 20:40 ----------

Of course you can

needle nosed pliers should do the job ...works for the kids

chris31560
12-01-2010, 20:48
yes as mentiond plyers will do the job, i myself locked the cab door on my street with them..

MJG
12-01-2010, 20:49
Mmmm thanks guys...

MJG
18-01-2010, 21:10
Closed again...

For now

Rik
19-01-2010, 00:01
I better re-open it then ;)

MJG
19-01-2010, 21:45
I better re-open it then ;)

Too late - it seems somebody already has...

newbie1001
19-01-2010, 21:57
Too late - it seems somebody already has...

Are the doors actually been locked or joe bloggs just closing them when they pass walking the dog

Hom3r
19-01-2010, 22:04
Buy some cheap epoxy and stick them shut.

OK its your cash, but it will stop some scrote tamperong with the box, and affecting your connection.

MJG
19-01-2010, 22:19
Are the doors actually been locked or joe bloggs just closing them when they pass walking the dog

Tried that but the weight of the cables inside spilling out stops them just being pushed shut....

chris31560
20-01-2010, 10:33
hi there yes i know what you mean the cab doors are hard to push to because of the wieght of the cables, so this is what you need to do, the left hand door is a manual locker push it as hard as you can put your arm in and there is a lever turn it and that door is then locked, next do the same with the other door push it to as hard as you can but this time get your pliyers turn the lock clock wise and that will lock that door then hopefully job done...

grandmaster
20-01-2010, 13:02
<snip> next do the same with the other door push it to as hard as you can but this time get your pliyers turn the lock clock wise and that will lock that door then hopefully job done...

Should you really be tampering with the box?
What would happen if they came to repair it and found you sticking your arm inside?

How do you know pushing cables in wont disrupt service in some way.

Im not defending virgins lack of attention but just wondering where you would stand legally.

MJG
20-01-2010, 13:49
Should you really be tampering with the box?
What would happen if they came to repair it and found you sticking your arm inside?

How do you know pushing cables in wont disrupt service in some way.

Im not defending virgins lack of attention but just wondering where you would stand legally.

Exactly why I didn't push it any further, it would have had to be forced and I didn't want to break anything.

Anyway today it's closed again, so somebody is either playing silly devils or it's had a visit from VM again.

Rik
25-01-2010, 23:39
Is it closed now? ;)

MJG
26-01-2010, 06:39
Is it closed now? ;)

Hi,

As per my last post yes it's closed and has been for a good few days,

and presumably the snow/ice that it was starting to fill with has melted too....

Rik
10-04-2010, 09:37
Is it still closed?

Pillhead
14-04-2010, 14:48
4 cabinets have been open near me since october.

I have rung, emailed, used the online form. Im now pursuing it with my local council and am trying to force them to do something as to regards either fining virgin or some such method but they didnt sound to positive about that.
Virgin obviously dont give 2 hoots if some little kid either gets electrocuted or causes a outage by ripping a load out.