PDA

View Full Version : Router Delivery Query

Phil-ntl
29-12-2009, 19:16
Hi all.

Hopefully one of the vm staff may be able to answer this. On 24th of this month i had to ring vm after the heap of **** netgear n series router finally gave up the ghost. A replacement was ordered with no problems.

I'm wondering when i can expect to receive it as switching ethernet cables and rebooting every time i want to use a different machine is beginning to grind a little now.

I did try phoning cs to see if they could shed any light but other than that the order had been put through, they had no clue. Obviously I have to allow for the xmas period but can anyone give me a clue pls?

Thanks

Phil

Peter_
29-12-2009, 22:06
The order probably did not get processed until today after which it will be sent from the Kuene and Nagel warehouse to UPS who then endeavour to deliver it to you ASAP.

You may receive it this week but with the holidays it could easily go into next week.

The router should be a D Link DIR615 which has replaced the Netgear WNR2000 as the default N router.

ep1s0d3
29-12-2009, 22:34
NETGEAR? I had an engineer come out today giving me a DLINK wtf? and addressed to the wrong person

Phil-ntl
30-12-2009, 09:44
You may receive it this week but with the holidays it could easily go into next week.
The router should be a D Link DIR615 which has replaced the Netgear WNR2000 as the default N router.

Thanks M.

It actually turned up about 10 mins ago and as you said, is the dlink instead of another netgear. hopefully more reliable and not prone to heat problems although i guess time will tell.

Phil

webcrawler2050
30-12-2009, 09:47
NETGEAR? I had an engineer come out today giving me a DLINK wtf? and addressed to the wrong person

I was fitted about 3 - 4 weeks ago and it seems VM are now using DLink.

As a friendly, warning, Watch the language please. This is potentially one place, where I don't hear nor wish to hear swearing.

Phil-ntl
30-12-2009, 09:55

Virgin originally had a contract with Netgear for the N Series router but for reasons known only to them have now discontinued it and issue Dlink Dir-615 N Series.

Not that I'm complaining because the Netgear I had was always flakey at best, prone to overheating and then would just refuse to power up for 30 mins or so till it cooled down. Others have had no issue with it so I guess its just the luck of the draw.

Phil

Peter_
30-12-2009, 10:16
Thanks M.

It actually turned up about 10 mins ago and as you said, is the dlink instead of another netgear. hopefully more reliable and not prone to heat problems although i guess time will tell.

Phil

Easy Setup for the D Link DIR615 (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/34916465-post3.html)

Use the pinhole reset button if you have run the disk.

Phil-ntl
30-12-2009, 12:09
Easy Setup for the D Link DIR615 (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/34916465-post3.html)

Use the pinhole reset button if you have run the disk.

Ta for that, up and running nicely.

First thing i did was throw the cd in the bin lol