PDA

View Full Version : wire through house?

greentree
28-12-2009, 16:37
Hi, my broadband and phone package is due to be installed next week, and i was just wondering if i was going to have a huge wire going from the front of the house upstairs to where my computer is, or could i just plug the wireless router they are going to supply into the the modem and connect wirelessly from my computer upstairs? I am asking this since my wife really hates wires and if having the wire is the only way, i may be stuck with my 1mb connection :(

thanks in advance

martyh
28-12-2009, 16:40
the engineers are usually v good ,i have 2 pc's upstairs wiyh router and modem downstairs no wires visible apart from were they come into the house

Flyboy
28-12-2009, 16:41
Hi, my broadband and phone package is due to be installed next week, and i was just wondering if i was going to have a huge wire going from the front of the house upstairs to where my computer is, or could i just plug the wireless router they are going to supply into the the modem and connect wirelessly from my computer upstairs? I am asking this since my wife really hates wires and if having the wire is the only way, i may be stuck with my 1mb connection :(

thanks in advance

I think that's the point of wireless. ;)

Nonetheless, some interior wiring maybe necessary, depending were your hardware is.

greentree
28-12-2009, 16:43
thanks for the quick replies :) so i basically just plug the modem into that little box thing at the front and connect the router and im good to go?

webcrawler2050
28-12-2009, 16:46
thanks for the quick replies :) so i basically just plug the modem into that little box thing at the front and connect the router and im good to go?

Yup. If you did want it upstairs, have things redy for the techs. A cuppa and biscuits will go down a treat in the winter. Generally they are good. If things are ready, they will put where you want. Just move things out of the way for them and your good to go.

greentree
28-12-2009, 16:49
Downstairs should be fine :) Thanks again for the help, now i know i wont be stuck with my 1mb adsl :D

webcrawler2050
28-12-2009, 16:50
Downstairs should be fine :) Thanks again for the help, now i know i wont be stuck with my 1mb adsl :D

Enjoy the fibre! :D

jb66
31-12-2009, 11:07
You'll make the installers day if you only want it downstairs!