PDA

View Full Version : Glasgow difficulties? or something else?

aliferste
20-12-2009, 09:29
Hiya - Since yesterday my internet in G13 has been playing up - initially I thought it might be something to do with chrome as when I clicked on a link from within chrome the page would not open - uninstalled it and for some reason when I try and reinstall it the wee installer box just sits for ages saying downloading chrome.

However, this is not a Chrome issue - this morning my internet was not working at all - phoned up Virgin who tell me nothing going on in Glasgow - I start up my comp again and it is working - soon as I am off the phone everything slows down again and my connection goes.

Any ideas?

Sephiroth
20-12-2009, 10:18
Have a look at this thread and the actions that took place. Seeif it's relevant to your situation:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12/33659303-my-glasgow-speed-problem.html

Also, as with other threads of this nature (which I urge you to read), please post your modem stats including the event log.

Cheers

aliferste
20-12-2009, 18:48
Thabks for that - how do I post modem stats including the event log?

How do I get them?

Sephiroth
20-12-2009, 20:15
Thabks for that - how do I post modem stats including the event log?

How do I get them?

A mega-poster who doesn't know how to provide modem stats and hasn't read the hundreds of posts that tell you how to do it?

192.168.100.1 and log in with the user name root and password root.

Go through the menu options and paste results into your next post of at least:

Downstream
Upstream
Operational Config
Event Log

Helps also to do a pathping www.bbc.co.uk and pasrte the results so we can see where bottlenecks might exist at the time you did the Pathping.

aliferste
20-12-2009, 20:44
All fixed - turned out it was AVG9 slowing everything down :dunce: