PDA

View Full Version : No Internet causes more problems

candy1567
18-12-2009, 08:26
Hiya

My internet went down yesterday morning am on 50mg. Phoned VM who sent out a tech as my modem couldn't lock on.

Out came a nice lad who looked about 12 lol, but it was obvious that he didn't know wat he was doing. He asked me how i knew modem wasn't working err.....hey no internet gav him a clue, and the fact that end tick wasn't solid and downstream arrow constantly flashing. He then asked me to show him where the lock tick was as he wasn't familiar with 50mg modems, now alarm bells started ringing.

He put his handheld machine onto cables and said i had low power, i said well do u need to take the attenutator off then, he said wats that, so i showed him and he said " I dont deal with them square things".

He said my modem was broke so he swapped it, it still wouldn't lock on, so he said its ur cables, he checked the cables downstairs put it back together now i've got no tv and phone.

After he called for help several times he eventually got the tv and phone working but still no internet. Said he booked a network enginer to call yesterday before 6pm who would come and fix the fault.

No network engineer turned up so on phone again to vm, lo and behold it was an area fault and not with my internet, but as the lad had swapped my modem i was in the walled garden and they couldn't activate the modem even though the fault had been fixed. Another tech needed.

Then i was told that the first tech who turned up was not trained on 50mg, although a 50mg tech had been booked, someone in operations had decided to cancel the original tech and send an untrained one why lord knows.

So now awaiting the arrival of someone in the know, well i can hope cant I!!!!!!

Is this the usual nightmare scenario for VM, judging by all the posts err......yes