PDA

View Full Version : Another Virgin (Non) Installation Nightmare

matcruncher
15-12-2009, 17:11
After having slow broadband download speeds with my Sky package, decided it was time to go for Virgin Media at 10mb.
As I was not fully convinced of all the hype, I decided to retain my full Sky package until I had sampled the 30day option with Virgin.
Made the advance payment, received the Welcome Package with the Installation date & time.
Lost a days pay whilst I stopped at home yesterday (14 Dec) eagerly awaiting the installation team.
Guess what - no one appeared.
Rang customer services this morning and after 18 minutes of waiting and being passed from dept to dept, advised that installation date had been rescheduled to 8th January 2010.
This was stated as being due to problems running the cable from the junction box further down the street.
I saw the cabling team rodding out the cable ducting outside my house over a week ago.
No contact whatsoever had been made by Virgin to advise me of any difficulties or rescheduling of the installation.
I am not prepared to do business with a company with such poor customer service and so have cancelled installation.
Will wait for BT’s FTTC.
Thank goodness I retained my Sky package –better the devil you know!!!!!

morley04
19-12-2009, 17:48
Same happend to me but my other services are all canceled so im Screwed!

newbie1001
19-12-2009, 18:16
Ordered BT 09/12 activated 16/12
Ordered Sky HD 10/12 installed 18/12 (Could have had it as early as 14th but waited cause of phone line)
Ordered O2 Broadband 17/12 Activation date due on 23/12 Equipment shipped.

These are targets which Virgin should be comparing to. My Virgins not due for deactivation till mid January and i got these early in case of problems, My bad i guess.

jcw00
19-12-2009, 21:40
Not all areas have installation problems.

I ordered the V+ box.
Received a SMS message 48 hours before installation confirming data and time.
Engineer called mid morn saying he was running early and could do my installation before the PM appointment. As I had already returned home, he was here within 20 minutes.
Installation was perfect and full demo of the V+ service.

My services with Virgin have been excellent with only the service been down twice in the last 4 years. I would never move back to $KY and slow ADSL.

jungleguy
19-12-2009, 23:48
I know people who have ordered VM and been installed a few hours later. No other company can beat that.

Unfortunately we are dealing with a property that has never had services, and there are often physical issues involved.

You should have been informed of the issues before install.

webcrawler2050
20-12-2009, 01:37
My installation went perfect. Ordered BB & TV. Took 7 working days to get the date. a 3 man team arrived at 8AM, they dug up the lawn, etc etc and was out of the way by 8:25. Friendly etc etc. Couldnt be happier at the moment.

Looks like another case of someone joining just to rant and then never returns :(

arcamalpha2004
20-12-2009, 12:22
After having slow broadband download speeds with my Sky package, decided it was time to go for Virgin Media at 10mb.
As I was not fully convinced of all the hype, I decided to retain my full Sky package until I had sampled the 30day option with Virgin.
Made the advance payment, received the Welcome Package with the Installation date & time.
Lost a days pay whilst I stopped at home yesterday (14 Dec) eagerly awaiting the installation team.
Guess what - no one appeared.
Rang customer services this morning and after 18 minutes of waiting and being passed from dept to dept, advised that installation date had been rescheduled to 8th January 2010.
This was stated as being due to problems running the cable from the junction box further down the street.
I saw the cabling team rodding out the cable ducting outside my house over a week ago.
No contact whatsoever had been made by Virgin to advise me of any difficulties or rescheduling of the installation.
I am not prepared to do business with a company with such poor customer service and so have cancelled installation.
Will wait for BT’s FTTC.
Thank goodness I retained my Sky package –better the devil you know!!!!!

Another reason not to have all your eggs in one basket, Virgin Media do not care with regard to inconveniencing people, which is why their reputation is somewhere in the gutter at the moment and branson has his work cut out to escavate it.