PDA

View Full Version : Virgin installation nightmare

lucia789
14-12-2009, 13:12
I have had a virgin media installation last Thursday, 10th Dec. It was a nightmare.

I had to cancel my first installation date on November because they said they could not re-wire my existing BT extensions, but I was told that this could be done, so I canceled and after phoning Virgin Customer Services, a superviser phoned me and then said the people who came weren't aware that this could be done as long the Virgin master socket was installed next to my BT master socket.

They came back on the 10th and said the same thing, they wouldn't do it, so they then offered me that if I had my Virgin Master telephone socket in my bedroom where the TV would go, and next to the room where my phone is plugged (in my office), they could run an one-off extension for half price of what Virgin charges, and I would pay them £25 pounds each. And to have the Virgin Master telephone socket in my office, in order to have the my phone there would mean having a black cable running in the front of my house, because they don't do white cable. and I didn't want that.
That was their solution for not re-wiring my existing BT extensions.

However after thinking straight I said I didn't want that "illegal" extension and I asked the technician to speak to the superviser and do the re-wiring as it had been agreed. He then said the surperviser would call me. I decided to phone the surperviser I had spoken to previously.

After 3 phone calls to the superviser and many lies from this technician about what was happening, they said they would do what the superviser told me the could do, that means to put a Virging master socket next to my BT master socket. They went away and said they would be back in 10 mins, when they came back they said it was all done and working, but they didn't put the Virgin box next to the BT box. So I asked how did you do it? They then said they had to go and they did it in a different way, which was alright, and they didn't touch my BT outside conexion. I went outside the house to see and they left me talking to myself, and to my surprise they cut my BT CABLE! And they joined it really badly into a Virgin brown box. I am shocked!!! How they could lie so much!!! And not to mention that the left a wire in my garden "protected" by a shinning green tube in my front garden, which I have never seen before in any house front garden.

I have phoned Virgin and they keep saying that someone is going to call me back but no one does.

This is very serious, They cut a wire that doesn't belong to them and I have never agreed to this.

It was the worse intallation done by any Media company I have had, I just can't believe it.

I now have a very bad impression of Virgin.

Digital Fanatic
14-12-2009, 13:37
I have had a virgin media installation last Thursday, 10th Dec. It was a nightmare.

I had to cancel my first installation date on November because they said they could not re-wire my existing BT extensions, but I was told that this could be done, so I canceled and after phoning Virgin Customer Services, a superviser phoned me and then said the people who came weren't aware that this could be done as long the Virgin master socket was installed next to my BT master socket.

They came back on the 10th and said the same thing, they wouldn't do it, so they then offered me that if I had my Virgin Master telephone socket in my bedroom where the TV would go, and next to the room where my phone is plugged (in my office), they could run an one-off extension for half price of what Virgin charges, and I would pay them £25 pounds each. And to have the Virgin Master telephone socket in my office, in order to have the my phone there would mean having a black cable running in the front of my house, because they don't do white cable. and I didn't want that.
That was their solution for not re-wiring my existing BT extensions.

However after thinking straight I said I didn't want that "illegal" extension and I asked the technician to speak to the superviser and do the re-wiring as it had been agreed. He then said the surperviser would call me. I decided to phone the surperviser I had spoken to previously.

After 3 phone calls to the superviser and many lies from this technician about what was happening, they said they would do what the superviser told me the could do, that means to put a Virging master socket next to my BT master socket. They went away and said they would be back in 10 mins, when they came back they said it was all done and working, but they didn't put the Virgin box next to the BT box. So I asked how did you do it? They then said they had to go and they did it in a different way, which was alright, and they didn't touch my BT outside conexion. I went outside the house to see and they left me talking to myself, and to my surprise they cut my BT CABLE! And they joined it really badly into a Virgin brown box. I am shocked!!! How they could lie so much!!! And not to mention that the left a wire in my garden "protected" by a shinning green tube in my front garden, which I have never seen before in any house front garden.

I have phoned Virgin and they keep saying that someone is going to call me back but no one does.

This is very serious, They cut a wire that doesn't belong to them and I have never agreed to this.

It was the worse intallation done by any Media company I have had, I just can't believe it.

I now have a very bad impression of Virgin.

Hi Lucia789,

That's shocking! When did you complain to Virgin Media about it? The installations department should have had a complaint logged to them via a internal system called cccs and this would have a reference.

Best thing to do is to call Customer Care on 150 and ask if this has been logged and get the ref as proof.

I hope it gets sorted for you... you are right this is a terrible introduction to VM :(

Also the installs are usually done by a contractor and not VM engineers.

lucia789
14-12-2009, 21:13
Thank you.

Today I really nice lady from Virgin phoned me and told me my complaint has been logged and will be investigated. She also gave me the log number.

I ended up posting it all agian because as I'm new to the forum couldn't see my tread posted.

Sorry to all !

fireman328
14-12-2009, 21:18
Meanwhile at the ranch, the cowboys were saddling up for a night in the town Yee Ha

lucia789
14-12-2009, 21:26
Sorry to all, I posted it again because didn't see my first thread posted as been new member to this forum.

Digital Fanatic
14-12-2009, 21:33
Thank you.

Today I really nice lady from Virgin phoned me and told me my complaint has been logged and will be investigated. She also gave me the log number.

I ended up posting it all agian because as I'm new to the forum couldn't see my tread posted.

Sorry to all !

no prob... I'll let the mods know... hope it all gets sorted very soon... post back if you need any more help :)

P.S. :welcome: to the forum!

Kymmy
14-12-2009, 21:40
Thank you.

Sorry to all !

Firstly Welcome to the forum.

I've merged both threads and removed one of your original posts :)