PDA

View Full Version : Wireless speeds?

mufc4evauk
09-12-2009, 01:11
Hi all.

Right, yesterday I got myself a netbook (Samsung N130) and decided I would use it wireless as it's much easier to do so.

Anyway, it is only giving me speeds of around 4mb where as my PC that is connected via an ethernet cable is getting speeds of 19.5mb, so as you can see the drop is petty steep, is this normal?

I am in the same room as my wireless router, so only around 2 meters from the router and netbook.

Normal? Or anything I can do to improve this?

Thanks

Sephiroth
09-12-2009, 01:26
Hi all.

Right, yesterday I got myself a netbook (Samsung N130) and decided I would use it wireless as it's much easier to do so.

Anyway, it is only giving me speeds of around 4mb where as my PC that is connected via an ethernet cable is getting speeds of 19.5mb, so as you can see the drop is petty steep, is this normal?

I am in the same room as my wireless router, so only around 2 meters from the router and netbook.

Normal? Or anything I can do to improve this?

Thanks
Dunno. It may depend on what else within wirel;ess smelling distance is using the same bandwith/channel as yourself.

I don't know how your router is set up for wireless - so in the dark there.

mufc4evauk
09-12-2009, 01:45
Any info I can give you that would help? :)

Sephiroth
09-12-2009, 01:52
1/
What are the wireless card settings on the Netbook?

2/
What are the wireless settings on the router? (Which router is it)

3/
Can you see other wireless routers nearby in the Connect To window?

4/
Has any other wirelessly connected PC been tried for comparison? If not can you do so?