PDA

View Full Version : Internet problems in Liverpool

Baja15
08-12-2009, 22:18
I live in L15, a student dominated area of Liverpool, currently i've got the L package from virgin. I've had it since July and initially had no real problems except for the occasional slow down.

About a week or so ago the internet stopped working from around 6pm to midnight, every weekday like clockwork. It works completely fine all the rest of the time. But between thoses times, it keeps dropping out and is unbelieveable slow in general. Slower than back in the dial up days.

I currently make my living playing online poker, so understandably need a stable connection. But this is just getting ridiculously annoying. I spent 45 mins on the phone to the virgin call centre (called 151) in India earlier, where to be fair to the guy he was very nice. But seemed to have no knowledge of the problem or anyway which it may be resolved.

Anyone got a number i can call where i can speak to someone who actually knows what there talking about? Or have any idea if it's likely to get the problem resolved?

Would it make a difference if i upgraded to the 20MB package for the extra £12 a month?

Thanks in advance for any help

Sephiroth
08-12-2009, 22:36
Search the forum on the word Liverpool and read the threads concerned. You'll see what's happening and why there's sod all you can do about it, I'm afraid.

You've just joined the club of users around the country who are suffering a problem that Virgin is only just beginning to admit.

You'd be wasting your money on 20Mb while these problems persist.

xxxxxx
08-12-2009, 22:38
I'm in L7 area... and to answer your question about if upgrading to 20mb would making a difference? The short answer would be no.

I've had pretty much the worst internet for the past 5 weeks. I've had 20mb for like 3 weeks now, and I've haven't even had half of my proper upload speed since upgrading; my average is normally about 0.15. My download speed can be good, at times, but it's generally poor for most of the day.