PDA

View Full Version : Shocked from cable

AHN-David
29-11-2009, 23:02
Hi Guys,

I just disconnected and connected all my VM cables from my box to where it comes in my house to see if that would solve a issue I have.

When attempting to reconnect one wire into a splitter I got a little shock from the wire when I was plugging it into the splitter.

I just thought it was me but I asked my partner to try and she has same issue. I just tried to connect it again but it was fine.

All of the VM equipment was unplugged and switched off. I live in a 20 story block of flats and the VM cables run up the flat beside the main power lines.

Could anyone tell me why this happened? Should I worry? My VM has been installed for atleast a year and never had this issue ever.

Ben B
29-11-2009, 23:04
Nothing to worry about, the VM cables carry a small voltage, nothing that could harm you, some must have built up on the end of the cable causing you to get a shock, it's happened to me a few times.

Ben :)

AHN-David
29-11-2009, 23:05
Hi Ben ( The nice man who gave me wave invite)

Thanks for this. I was worrying that it could do some harm to my box or modem.

Ben B
29-11-2009, 23:06
No it wont do any harm to your equipment and even if it did, VM would have to sort it for you as it is their equipment at fault :)