PDA

View Full Version : Tuning in h.d.

ANDREW BROOKS
21-11-2009, 21:39
HI, CAN ANYBODY ASSIST ME WITH ADVICE ON TUNING MY SKY H.D. BOX PLEASE, CAN GET SCART STANDARD BUT DONT KNOW HOW TO TUNE FOR H.D. HAVE THE NECESSARY HDMI/DVI AND SOUND LEADS READY TO GO!!!!!
ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.
Andy.:(:(

Tezcatlipoca
21-11-2009, 21:46
:welcome:

You don't need to "tune" in HD. It is simply a case of connecting your Sky+HD box's HDMI port to the HDMI/DVI port on an HD Ready TV, & then choosing the appropriate input on the TV via the TV remote.

ANDREW BROOKS
22-11-2009, 10:41
Hi thanks for this, do i have to use the original tv remote or can I use the sky remote??? and can you advise me I presumably have to use the little box with the arrow going in to it but from there???

I much appreciate the advice but as I wasnt there when the original engineer installed the box its all new to me and an idiots guide on a step by step basis would be invaluable as i could then save as p.d.f.
Regards
Andy.

Tezcatlipoca
22-11-2009, 14:03
Use the TV remote to change the TV over the the relevant HDMI/DVI input that your Sky+HD box is connected to. e.g. if the Sky+HD box is connected to "HDMI 1" on the TV, then use the TV remote to change to "HDMI 1".

What do you mean by "the little box with the arrow going in to it"?

What TV do you have?

ANDREW BROOKS
22-11-2009, 17:14
The little box with the arrow is I presume the input which is not on my sky remote only on my Toshiba remote, the t.v. is a model 27/30 WL46
Regards
Andy

NoKnowledge
22-11-2009, 19:15
Press [TV] and then [help] on the SKY remote until you get to HDMI 1

ANDREW BROOKS
23-11-2009, 11:34
Thanks will try do you have to press select or does it automatically stay on hdmi.
Andy

D_Skids
30-11-2009, 10:52
Thanks will try do you have to press select or does it automatically stay on hdmi.
Andy

It depends on your TV and Remote but it will be obvious when you do it.

Hom3r
30-11-2009, 21:08
We have a LG HDTV, which we have to select Input to rotate through the AV channels.

For some strange reason the HDMI port isn't auto sensing like Scart is.

D_Skids
30-11-2009, 21:19
I don't think HDMI will autosense although don't quote me on that. Scart has a specific pin which sends the signal (voltage) to autoswitch. Not all Scarts auto switch, only 21 pin ones.