PDA

View Full Version : PSN Subscription a possibility

icestar2
20-11-2009, 09:11
Okay so Sony are now looking at bringing a subscription service to the PSN to bring in additional revenue. Now before people start over-reacting like I've seen on most forums discussing this its important to read the following quote -

"Especially in the online area, we are studying the possibility of introducing a subscription model, offering premium content and services, in addition to the current free services."
Hirai: PSN subscription a "possibility" News | PS3 | Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/hirai-psn-subscription-a-possibility)

You'll notice the bold part of that quote. Sony promised Free online play always on the PS3 and I dont see them going back on that word. The way I'm looking at it and I could be wrong is that they are looking for a way to bring a subscription to PSN by adding services and content not currently avalible.

There are a couple things I can already see them adding to the Additional service. One is Cross-Game chat. It makes perfect sense to me for them to do this now. Other things will be in line with Xbox's gold service like Exclusive Demo's, Beta's and other online content.

Personally Assuming its not stupidly priced and the content/services are decent I would consider paying a PSN subscription. If it would help towards a better online service(I hear alot of complaints though mines always been very fast and worked well) then its surley got to be a good thing right ?

I dont think any of the current services will change I think only that there will be optional extra's. Online play imo will remain free after all Sony bang on about it a fair bit.

So whats everyones thoughts ? You've seen mine now lets hear yours :)

cimt
20-11-2009, 09:35
I wouldn't mind paying a small subscription. It would make me consider between my 360 and PS3 though. I wouldn't want to pay to subscriptions because I love going online on both. PSN has improved a lot for me a lot recently, and with some of the feature's they're adding, I'm suprised it's free. I just hope it's cheaper than £5 a month though...

RealDiamond
20-11-2009, 16:21
Its called Qore in the US. They are allready Doing PAY TO PLAY, those suckers. In The EU, it was to be called OPMONLINE or some thing close it changed name so many times.. Betas are free in the EU No Pay to play. Japan Is the only area that did not have any plans to do PAY TO PLAY.