PDA

View Full Version : new 50mb install in coventry

hedman22
11-11-2009, 00:50
Guys,

Just wanted to check a couple of things on a new install ordered on 30th October.

50mb internet, no phoneline.

- Just had the letter through advising of the £35.00 charge on top of the £20 which I thought it was. This would be ok but when you go through and populate the shopping basket it doesnt show this charge....Vm CS have said to me I should have read the 'legal stuff' before heading to the checkout!!!! Is this well known for the 50mb orders?

- Am I right in thinking that quick start is never available for 50mb installs/upgrades? I previously had VM at the start of 2008 but cancelled.

I have been given an install date of the 30th November? Is a month waiting time what 50mb installs are at the moment?

cheer

Peter_
11-11-2009, 08:40
The charges are listed here http://allyours.virginmedia.com/websales/product.do?id=15208

General: Installation charges apply (starting from £35 for standard installation.. Quickstart self-install is not available for up to 50Mb broadband). An additional £20 activation fee is payable for 50Mb Broadband.

We are very busy at the moment and that timeslot is pretty normal at present.

hedman22
11-11-2009, 08:41
cheers, I just dont understand why that £35.00 doesnt appear in the shopping basket when ordering....

Peter_
11-11-2009, 08:52
cheers, I just dont understand why that £35.00 doesnt appear in the shopping basket when ordering....
Because it is an installation charge and is in the small print I posted with the link.

henry-root
12-11-2009, 02:13
The charges are listed here http://allyours.virginmedia.com/websales/product.do?id=15208

We are very busy at the moment and that timeslot is pretty normal at present.

Interesting to see that you agree 4 weeks installation for 50MB is about right.

Why then have you not told your sales team that? Misleading quotes of 7 working days will only lead to cancelled orders, especially if poor communication puts that out by another 3 weeks as I have seen elsewhere.

So OK and fine, you are up to the ears in new orders. Little wonder if you quote totally inaccurate lead times.

Last but not least, I see that you will not accept PM's. Now why am I not too surprised by that. :D

Any chance of a little bit of honesty from Virgin Media :mad: i.e. sales ethics or is that too much to expect?

Peter_
12-11-2009, 08:00
Interesting to see that you agree 4 weeks installation for 50MB is about right.

Why then have you not told your sales team that? Misleading quotes of 7 working days will only lead to cancelled orders, especially if poor communication puts that out by another 3 weeks as I have seen elsewhere.

The Sales Team have full access to the systems and will know what slots are available and how popular 50Mb is especially in the run up to Christmas, not everyone is delayed up to 4 weeks it depends on availability.

So OK and fine, you are up to the ears in new orders. Little wonder if you quote totally inaccurate lead times.

I am not up to my ears in orders as I am a Broadband Support agent and have nothing to do with sales, the lead out times are either told to us by customers or found out by reading on forums like this one.

Last but not least, I see that you will not accept PM's. Now why am I not too surprised by that. :D
I accept PM's from friends and contacts, but I do not offer support via PM as that can lead to the Data Protection Act being breached and me being prosecuted and the loss of my job.

The is a befriend option in everyone's profile which gives you the option to PM someone who does not accept incoming PM's but as I above I do not offer support or help via this format.

Any chance of a little bit of honesty from Virgin Media :mad: i.e. sales ethics or is that too much to expect?
Salesmen are salesmen in whatever field they deal in and if you find one that does not stretch the truth in some way he must be pretty poor at his job and should look for another vocation.

hedman22
12-11-2009, 11:22
Because it is an installation charge and is in the small print I posted with the link.

Its still very misleasding when the shopping basket contains the 'free installation offer' and has £0.00 in the cost column.

To me the shopping basket isnt displaying correctly and if you order the 50mb install that cost should be listed. Fairly standard for ordering online, not something contained in small print two page clicks previously.

Peter_
12-11-2009, 14:04
Its still very misleasding when the shopping basket contains the 'free installation offer' and has £0.00 in the cost column.

To me the shopping basket isnt displaying correctly and if you order the 50mb install that cost should be listed. Fairly standard for ordering online, not something contained in small print two page clicks previously.
Not the side of the business that I deal with, I just deal with faults.

luellin
17-11-2009, 23:13
ok lead times are related to areas 50 mg being a good service is on VM side the stupidest install procedure here is how it wiorks it falls over 2 departments installs and service engineers. you order your service and it has to come to both departments for the same day so if either of them have a long lead time your bb will be delayed installs are usualy on a 2 week wait in my area but service alot shorter (dependant on faults in the area) so if there on a 2 day wait the min wait you will have will be 2 weeks as installs is always busy and wee need to be there first they cant do the install untill we have checked all the cables beforhand in case anything needs replacing. so lead times run hand in hand with the 2 departments but only on 50mg installs and coming up near chrismas its at its worst

henry-root
18-11-2009, 00:56
The Sales Team have full access to the systems and will know what slots are available and how popular 50Mb is especially in the run up to Christmas, not everyone is delayed up to 4 weeks it depends on availability.

I am not up to my ears in orders as I am a Broadband Support agent and have nothing to do with sales, the lead out times are either told to us by customers or found out by reading on forums like this one.

I accept PM's from friends and contacts, but I do not offer support via PM as that can lead to the Data Protection Act being breached and me being prosecuted and the loss of my job.

The is a befriend option in everyone's profile which gives you the option to PM someone who does not accept incoming PM's but as I above I do not offer support or help via this format.

Salesmen are salesmen in whatever field they deal in and if you find one that does not stretch the truth in some way he must be pretty poor at his job and should look for another vocation.

Thanks for that. I was a sales professional all my life and despite what you suggest, most of us are ethical and honest, more than can be said for the chat lady on the VM site. Incidently, she told me on two occasions that she had no idea why it was over 3 weeks in my area. "She had no access to this information."

---------- Post added at 23:56 ---------- Previous post was at 23:38 ----------

Guys,

Just wanted to check a couple of things on a new install ordered on 30th October.

50mb internet, no phoneline.

- Just had the letter through advising of the £35.00 charge on top of the £20 which I thought it was. This would be ok but when you go through and populate the shopping basket it doesnt show this charge....Vm CS have said to me I should have read the 'legal stuff' before heading to the checkout!!!! Is this well known for the 50mb orders?

- Am I right in thinking that quick start is never available for 50mb installs/upgrades? I previously had VM at the start of 2008 but cancelled.

I have been given an install date of the 30th November? Is a month waiting time what 50mb installs are at the moment?

cheer

As I understand it, the £35 installation fee for 50mb was waived up to the end of October, however, they still show this on the confirmation invoice sent through the post with tiny letters saying "NB If you subscribe to one of our special offers, it will not be shown here, however you will be billed at the appropriate discounted rate and this will be shown on your bill." It was nothing to do with self install.

They also expect you to sign a contract which carries penalties for cancellation when sending separately a note to confirm that the contract has an unconditional 28 days cancellation facility.

Both these issues are incorrect and I will be sending a covering letter with the returned contract excepting me from both inaccuracies.

Being busy is absolutely no excuse for shoddy customer service. Wait until another ISP gets 50mb. You won't see VM customers for dust. :shocked:

Peter_
18-11-2009, 07:16
Thanks for that. I was a sales professional all my life and despite what you suggest, most of us are ethical and honest.
I said said stretch not lie that is completely different and quite wrong.;)

luellin
18-11-2009, 22:38
Being busy is absolutely no excuse for shoddy customer service. Wait until another ISP gets 50mb. You won't see VM customers for dust. :shocked:[/QUOTE]

next in line will be bt customers when they fiber the nation wich i wouldent hold your breath for because its a long long long way away and VM is Planning on jumping to 100mg soon so will be 3 services 20/50/100

joecov
01-12-2009, 09:40
bit of an update....

installed yesterday without any problems, engineer demonstrated speed which looked great. I then came home again in the evening and was online for less than 2 minutes before it disconnected..... I then spent a couple of hours trying to work out what the issue was.

Decided then to call virgin...told by the 50meg team that its not a technical fault...instead I have been disconected because of non payment of a bill!!!

I ordered around a month ago, they have my card details and the DD has been setup...so I had to pay £50 over the phone last night to have it connected. They hadnt taken the install charge........

The connection this morning still isnt working,I get to the point where its says that I have already registered and dont need to re-register my account. When I click finish the myvirgin page fails to load! It seems everytime I launch ie or firefox I get the link to activate the broadband connection.

I am going to have another look this afternoon. Any ideas? It possibly needs another couple of power cycles........

Really frustrating!

cheers.

joecov
01-12-2009, 11:47
just had a reply to a tweet of mine moaning about VM from their twitter guys, good stuff!

luellin
01-12-2009, 17:21
bit of an update....

installed yesterday without any problems, engineer demonstrated speed which looked great. I then came home again in the evening and was online for less than 2 minutes before it disconnected..... I then spent a couple of hours trying to work out what the issue was.

Decided then to call virgin...told by the 50meg team that its not a technical fault...instead I have been disconected because of non payment of a bill!!!

I ordered around a month ago, they have my card details and the DD has been setup...so I had to pay £50 over the phone last night to have it connected. They hadnt taken the install charge........

The connection this morning still isnt working,I get to the point where its says that I have already registered and dont need to re-register my account. When I click finish the myvirgin page fails to load! It seems everytime I launch ie or firefox I get the link to activate the broadband connection.

I am going to have another look this afternoon. Any ideas? It possibly needs another couple of power cycles........

Really frustrating!

cheers.

Might sound silly try resetting the wierless rtouter if your using on gets traped in the registration ip and wont let you browse

joecov
01-12-2009, 19:03
guys since this afternoon its seems to be working fine, cheers