PDA

View Full Version : Help needed on new sky epg software update

neilboardman
09-11-2009, 22:58
I have been waiting for months for sky to rollout there new epg software on sky+ HD boxes, i have a samsung box and its model 008, I have been searching to see if these boxes are being updated, it just so happens to be that my mates box has been updated and he has the same box:mad: he lives just three miles away from me, so why the hell am I not getting this update, I also got some information on how to safely do a forced software update but with no luck at all, I think I have done the forced update now five times within the last month, please can some one help me out here...neil

Ben B
09-11-2009, 23:06
Neil,

People that actually have Sky HD will follow with comments, but you've just got to be patient, they're rolling it out box by box and there is no way you can force it to install. Unless your box is meant to get the update, it wont get it.

Ben :)

dilli-theclaw
09-11-2009, 23:19
Indeed, doing a forced update will only reinstall the software already on there. There is no way to get the new epg any quicker other than getting an older second hand box.

In theory you'll know you're due your update when you get details of it in the post.

Having said that I didn't, so you will just have to be patient.

neilboardman
09-11-2009, 23:21
well thats a bit crappy, box by box, that will take a life time, why dont they just get the software to go out to every ones box at the same time, it would be much easer instead of annoying every one.

dilli-theclaw
09-11-2009, 23:22
well thats a bit crappy, box by box, that will take a life time, why dont they just get the software to go out to every ones box at the same time, it would be much easer instead of annoying every one.Because it needs to be seen to be ok on each box type in case there are any problems.

neilboardman
10-11-2009, 00:25
well this is funny i did a forced update about 10pm it did not work, so I tried another way of doing a forced update which got me the new epg software installed on my box, this is how i have only just got the software installed, first you put your box on standby then take out your viewing card and put it back in but up side down, then keep press the back up button and take out the power lead from behind your box, the next step is to leave the power lead out but keep press the button for ten seconds but make sure you count the ten seconds slowly then insert the power lead back in to the box and then just keep hold of the back up button until you see the four lights come on then it will be doing the update, it could take 10 minutes or longer to finish the update, when the box geos back in standby after the update leave it for five minutes in standby, once you turn your box back on you should have the new epg software, if you do make sure you turn your viewing card over to the correct way, then you are sorted, you must follow these instructions carefully, if you dont do what these instructions tell you to do step by step, you will not get the new epg software installed.

NoKnowledge
10-11-2009, 13:34
What's the difference between a forced update and the one you mentioned @post#6?

Turning the card upside down is as good as taking the card out.

neilboardman
16-11-2009, 01:06
it sounds daft but when i did what you do and thats taking the card out it never updated the software even though you get the system update screen, but when i took the card out and put it in upside down thats when the forced update worked, it is a bit mad, i must agree.