PDA

View Full Version : Moving house - phone extension sockets?

paul_hadley
05-11-2009, 20:52
Hi,
I'm moving house next week to a non-cabled street.

The house currently has a BT line.

We are getting a Virgin Media phone package on that line and Virgin Media ADSL broadband.

We need to get some additional phone extensions fitted throughout the house (all going back to the current BT line number that's already there).

Is this something Virgin Media can do or do we have to go through BT to get someone out to install extension sockets?

Thanks.

Peter_
05-11-2009, 20:56
Go cordless as you can get up to 5 handsets on one socket.

paul_hadley
05-11-2009, 21:06
I need the telephone extension sockets as we are getting Sky TV boxes in two different rooms (one upstairs and one downstairs). Each Sky box has to be connected to a telephone line so it can talk back to Sky.

Plus the telephone socket that's there already is in completely the wrong place for where we'd want the base unit for our cordless phone.

luellin
17-11-2009, 21:47
ok vith virgin media on bt lines im not 100 on who runs them but i work on cable and we dont go to houses that arent cabled your best bet is find and engineer that will do it as an afterhours job as VM charges in the reagion of 70-100 Per one if not sone with the install on cable so im guessing the same or more on adsl customers the sky engineer will run the phone lines but also at a premium. best option is probably buying diy kits from a shop and run them under your carpeting