PDA

View Full Version : new phone line question

Slyder
03-11-2009, 21:20
Having a new phone line installed and was just wondering. do VM actually give you a handset, if so - is it any particular one?

(this is probably most stupid question asked) lol

Peter_
03-11-2009, 22:18
No you supply your own which are available in all good stores such as Asda, Tesco and Argos plus many other stores from as little as £3.:D

Slyder
04-11-2009, 20:22
No you supply your own which are available in all good stores such as Asda, Tesco and Argos plus many other stores from as little as £3.:D

Nahh thats fine.. £3 is nothing to be honest. Just didnt genuinally know :D

Next question then.. would any handset work or are then any handsets specificly I need to be looking at.

Peter_
04-11-2009, 20:26
Nahh thats fine.. £3 is nothing to be honest. Just didnt genuinally know :D

Next question then.. would any handset work or are then any handsets specificly I need to be looking at.
Whatever takes your fancy be it a Mickey Mouse handset or even a BT branded handset the are so many choices out there, unlike broadband the are no compatibility issues a phone is a phone.

I would personally go cordless for convenience and they are cheap in the stores above and you can get some good deals on Amazon.

Adam B
05-11-2009, 02:23
Virgin will bill you for calls and then say that their equipment has been compromised

Peter_
05-11-2009, 06:22
Virgin will bill you for calls and then say that their equipment has been compromised
Much better to put reasons for such a sweeping statement.;)

Slyder
05-11-2009, 08:45

Eh? What do mean compromises? The other chap just said I could use any handset.

I doubt they would charge me, only time I would be using it is to call vm?

Peter_
05-11-2009, 09:36
Eh? What do mean compromises? The other chap just said I could use any handset.

I doubt they would charge me, only time I would be using it is to call vm?

He has a bee in his bonnet over another issue in the internet section in a thread called virgins equipment has been comprimised.

I have had phone for 15 years without an issue.

Slyder
08-11-2009, 17:55
He has a bee in his bonnet over another issue in the internet section in a thread called virgins equipment has been comprimised.

I have had phone for 15 years without an issue.

Just been reading that (leave that there at any rate)

To be honest I have no need for the phone, but Im a little kid at heart and the thought of a new sexy handset made me smile.. lol..

at the end of day, circumstances at the minute, the engineer can install it.. but it wont have a handset attached, till me and my better half move anyway.

Peter_
08-11-2009, 20:23
Just been reading that (leave that there at any rate)

To be honest I have no need for the phone, but Im a little kid at heart and the thought of a new sexy handset made me smile.. lol..

at the end of day, circumstances at the minute, the engineer can install it.. but it wont have a handset attached, till me and my better half move anyway.
If you are also having TV and Broadband and are a cable customer it is worthwhile just for the free calls to Tech Support if required or even just for General Account queries.