PDA

View Full Version : Excess cable

MJG
29-10-2009, 21:34
Sorry my first post is a bit of a moan but had VM phone and broadband installed for just under a week now and all is working fine,

Phone spot on as is the BB (only 10mb but suits me fine).

I had all the Virgin cables and 'brown box' already installed from a previous NTL BB installation so moving to VM adding just a phone line and connection should have been a breeze

What I can say is I am very disappointed to discover yesterday that there is a big loop of excess cable piled up on my front lawn (around four feet) because the installation tech on pulling the cable through my fence failed to spot that rather than taking up all the excess it had actually snagged.

If he'd checked his work properly he'd have spotted it... unfortunately the final QC check on the installation was left to me.

However rang VM yesterday and they are sending a tech out on Monday, no arguments so if they fix it (reckon it will take 10 mins max) job's a guddun.

MJG
02-11-2009, 21:11
Surprising no one had anything to add

- but I'm happy to post back VM tech arrived today as arranged and as expected fixed this in 10 minutes.

He also added VM techs are really busy at present 10,000 installs per month??? can this be true??

JayJay
02-11-2009, 22:50
He also added VM techs are really busy at present 10,000 installs per month??? can this be true??

It certainly feels like it at the moment. Its crazy but slowing down which is nice.

Glad its sorted for you.