PDA

View Full Version : finally VM have discovered a fault with my BB

jellyfish
27-10-2009, 09:18
quick synopsis of my problem, quick synopsis, upgraded to 20 MB last Thursday and since then getting average of 4-7 MB per day (used to get 9 when on 10 MB)

all my upstream/downstream levels are excellent and all test conducted via downloading from VM Games site

anyway yesterday VM acknowledged a fault on the UBR and passed it over to network team - what does that mean ? I will be phoning up VM every few days to see status of this fault, as dont want them to sit on it.

by the way awhat SLA do VM work to ?

Kymmy
27-10-2009, 09:28
For modem fault I think it's 5 working days, UBR is likely to be less as it impacts more users but that's an internal SLA.

Welshchris
27-10-2009, 13:02
unless its oversubcription and can take MONTHS!

jellyfish
27-10-2009, 14:21
unless its oversubcription and can take MONTHS!

ahh I see.. I assume VM adhere to the ITIL principles when it comes to upgrading infrastructure and also use Prince2 methodology in terms of poject manage, I expect nothing less from a well organised company like Virgin Media

Ignitionnet
27-10-2009, 17:39
ahh I see.. I assume VM adhere to the ITIL principles when it comes to upgrading infrastructure and also use Prince2 methodology in terms of poject manage, I expect nothing less from a well organised company like Virgin Media

Nope. Upgrading cable networks is very different from IP networks and can be excruciatingly painful at times.

I trust you are being ironic with the 'well organised' bit ;)

jellyfish
27-10-2009, 19:45
Nope. Upgrading cable networks is very different from IP networks and can be excruciatingly painful at times.

I trust you are being ironic with the 'well organised' bit ;)

I was being sincere about VM being a well organised company who adhere to industry standards :D

Sephiroth
27-10-2009, 22:46
Phew - at least we can suspend other theories for now and hope it stays fine after VM fix it.

Ignitionnet
28-10-2009, 00:20
I was being sincere about VM being a well organised company who adhere to industry standards :D

*Snigger* If I ever meet a well organised telco / cableco / ISP who adhere to industry standards I'll let you know. They try every so often then realise that nothing gets done doing everything by the book and it soon starts to slack again :)