PDA

View Full Version : installation worries

Dazzer25
25-10-2009, 08:44
Hi everyone
just a quick question getting vm tv-xl installed tomorrow the guys came friday to hook up the cable to the black triangle catv on the street and left the cable on the lawn just wondering will the vm engineer who installs everything bury the cable under the lawn ?
just so i know don`t want anything going wrong

Raistlin
25-10-2009, 08:45
:welcome:

As I understand it, that cable should be buried and covered with trunking/armor of some sort.

However, I've seen a lot of reports of this not being done.

We have some VM techs here (some of whom are installers I believe), hopefully one of them will be able to confirm for you.

Dazzer25
25-10-2009, 08:48
ok thanks

Peter_
25-10-2009, 12:05
The cable should either be buried at least to spade depth and should be shield by a Green trunking for protection, if it is not buried you need to call Technical Support to get someone out to bury it.

In my case though I had mine pinned along the side of the party wall.

jungleguy
25-10-2009, 21:42
VM installers have done back to pull and dig, the cable will get buried on install.

Welshchris
26-10-2009, 03:37
a friend of mine in Manchester once had VM installed they run all the wires in the garden etc fine. In the house was a different story, they didnt tack it to the skirting board etc and left it leading up the stairs and a huge reel of it across the landing into the bedroom. The tech said that he had "Run out of staples and would be back a few hrs later"... To this day he has never been back and my mate did it himself and its been well over a year. Virgin agreed to send a tech to finish the work that never turned up and at that point he give up and tacked it all himself.

Dazzer25
26-10-2009, 19:26
thanks for all your replys, just to let you all know 3 vm installers came and did everything really pleased