PDA

View Full Version : Sky hd

dannyboy91uk
23-10-2009, 15:40
Hello

I have SKY HD, with the HD Mix installed downstairs, but i'm hoping within the next 1 - 2 months hopefully before christmas I can scrap my SKY + box in my room. I think it's about to die (It's an amstrad by the way) all it keeps doing is crashing and returning to channel 998, so I was wondering if I already have SKY HD and the HD mix how much would a new SKY HD box cost to replace the SKY + box in my room, and would I have to pay another £10 for the HD mix? I've been on the SKY.com site but it's unhelpful, and basically talks about all the luxuries the news customers get if they join SKY.

To make this a bit more clearer I would like the SKY HD box (with the HD mix) to remain downstairs but a SKY HD box installed in my room to replace the SKY + Box (It's faulty) so I want to know how much the cost of the box will be and will it be classed as another HD mix subscription. I already have multiroom as well.

v0id
23-10-2009, 17:08
I always though with multiroom you couldn't pick and choose channels for the extra boxes, you just got what was on the first box

dannyboy91uk
23-10-2009, 17:14
I always though with multiroom you couldn't pick and choose channels for the extra boxes, you just got what was on the first box

Pardon? I'm not looking for another box to get more channels, I already have SKY world on the HD box downstairs and the SKY + box upstairs all I want is to replace my SKY + box with a SKY HD box so I can get all the HD channels. I'm unsure whether it's another £10 subscription for the HD mix and I don't know how much the HD box will cost.

The offers on the SKY website say £50 if you take multiroom and the HD pack with SKY HD but I already have these 2 so I don't know if another SKY HD box would be another £9.75 HD subscription and how much the actual box itself will cost.

iain_herts
23-10-2009, 19:06
hi from what i know you will have to pay full price for the sky+HD box (£299 i think it is) £10 multi room (which you already pay) then anouther HD subscription for the new box (£10)

Paul K
24-10-2009, 10:21
Ian is correct I believe. Full price for the new box then the additional sub fee on top each month.

Tezcatlipoca
24-10-2009, 14:42
Yep. Any additional Sky+HD boxes are £199, & require another HD Pack subscription.

http://packages.sky.com/hd/?DCMP=ILC-SkyCOM_skyhd

DES_1001
25-10-2009, 17:14
Just buy a HD box from say e-bay, phone sky and get them to pair the new box with your card from the +box, you don't have to pay them anything, they may try to get you to take another mix on the new box but you don't have to do this if you don't want to.

dannyboy91uk
25-10-2009, 17:45
Just buy a HD box from say e-bay, phone sky and get them to pair the new box with your card from the +box, you don't have to pay them anything, they may try to get you to take another mix on the new box but you don't have to do this if you don't want to.

I might actually do that because I don't really want to pay another £10 a month subscription for the SKY HD mix when I have everything on HD downstairs.

If for example I went onto Ebay and bought a SKY HD box would I have to phone an engineer from SKY to install it? I guess that will cost the minimum of £60 but will that mean I only get the BBC HD, Channel 4 HD channels? because I would have no SKY HD mix on the one I could possibly buy?

iain_herts
25-10-2009, 18:08
if u brought a box from ebay all u have to do is swap ur box over and call sky up to get the cards paired but if u do not add the extra skyHD mix u will only get bbcHD itvHD and channel4 HD non off the others

Paul K
29-10-2009, 06:20
And you won't even get ITV HD unless your box firmware/ epg is capable of tuning to it.