PDA

View Full Version : Hello -connectivity issues

pauly_b
22-10-2009, 21:34
Hi

I have been having internet problems for the last two weeks or so, it seems to happen most nights at about 7pm to 11pm.

I have called Virgin media and told them about the problem but they keep telling me nothing is wrong. I try to call them when i realise the problem but end up sitting in a hour long cue, by the time i reach them the issue has subsided. My ping in games and on programs shoots up to 2k + from 20ms it happens for while then goes normal again. This happens over a few hours making my internet un-usebale.

i have had no problems with my internet in the last 5 or so years i have been with ntl/virgin. only thing that has changed is the modem, they sent me one of them new black ones. i think u call them a 256

--------------------

from reading around i notice you asked a few people about their power levels for up and downstream.

could someone check mine?

Downstream Lock : Locked
Downstream Channel Id : 1
Downstream Frequency : 586750000 Hz
Downstream Modulation : QAM64
Downstream Symbol Rate : 6952 Ksym/sec
Downstream Interleave Depth : taps12Increment17
Downstream Receive Power Level : -10.7 dBmV
Downstream SNR : 32.7 dB

--------

Upstream Lock : Locked
Upstream Channel ID : 3
Upstream Frequency : 34000000 Hz
Upstream Modulation : QAM16
Upstream Symbol Rate : 2560 Ksym/sec
Upstream transmit Power Level : 51.0 dBmV
Upstream Mini-Slot Size : 2

if there is any other bits of information you need to assi please ask and i will supply it.

Peter_
22-10-2009, 21:38
Downstream Receive Power Level : -10.7 dBmV

Downstream way to low and needs an engineer to adjust, maybe best to call after 0800 tomorrow to try and get a UK agent as at this time of night its a lottery.

pauly_b
22-10-2009, 21:40
can the people who answer phones see this information? i asked him if my down and upstream power levels where causeing my issues. he said they are fine :mad:.

Peter_
22-10-2009, 21:45
can the people who answer phones see this information? i asked him if my down and upstream power levels where causeing my issues. he said they are fine :mad:.
Of course we can and we always ask you to confirm by logging into the modem to verify.

Quiet_news
22-10-2009, 21:47
Some agents rely on their tools too much.

pauly_b
22-10-2009, 21:49
Of course we can and we always ask you to confirm by logging into the modem to verify.

Thanks for the fast reply :) your a really helpfull :D. ill give a call back tomorrow, would this be causing my net to become unstable at these peak times at night?

Peter_
22-10-2009, 21:50
Some agents rely on their tools too much.
I check with my online tool and get them to verify, if the tool does not work I get them to log in anyway, but of course the modem lights can also help point in the right direction.

Quiet_news
22-10-2009, 21:51
I check with my online tool and get them to verify, if the tool does not work I get them to log in anyway, but of course the modem lights can also help point in the right direction.

I know you already said that :D

I was talkin to you about other agents.

Peter_
22-10-2009, 21:53
Thanks for the fast reply :) your a really helpfull :D. ill give a call back tomorrow, would this be causing my net to become unstable at these peak times at night?
It is possible but you may find that your exchange is oversubscribed and awaiting an upgrade.

The are many factors that can affect your connection and only proper diagnostics can help resolve it.

---------- Post added at 20:53 ---------- Previous post was at 20:52 ----------

I know you already said that :D

I was talkin to you about other agents.
I was talking in general for other readers of this thread to be aware and not actually getting at you, as we know better.;)

pauly_b
22-10-2009, 21:57
It is possible but you may find that your exchange is oversubscribed and awaiting an upgrade.

The are many factors that can affect your connection and only proper diagnostics can help resolve it.

is their anything i can do to help find the problem? like trace routing when the issue happens?. As every time i call up VM i just seem to talk to some guy reading of a a sheet or paper asking me to do the same things eatch time. But then again i have been rining after 6pm, ill give a call tomorrow earlyish.

Quiet_news
22-10-2009, 22:28

---------- Post added at 20:53 ---------- Previous post was at 20:52 ----------

I was talking in general for other readers of this thread to be aware and not actually getting at you, as we know better.;)

I aint tech support mate :D I'll leave that to you ..

Peter_
22-10-2009, 23:08
I aint tech support mate :D I'll leave that to you ..
I can tell that your not Tech Support.;)

Quiet_news
23-10-2009, 06:06
I can tell that your not Tech Support.;)

:p:

if only you knew :)