PDA

View Full Version : Two Virgin Connections... Help

marky_91
22-10-2009, 17:21
Hello =) I'm new...

I upgraded my internet and Virgin decided to send me a Television box.

We have two virgin connections in the house - is this allowed do they both work ?

We have the router and modem downstairs in the study, but we want the free television box in the bedroom upstairs (as we already get far more channels for much less with Sky)

There's another connection point upstairs in the bedroom.

I called CS and the woman seemed to think you CAN have two active connections (for the same price etc.) but the help leaflet isn't so clear.

I've installed the free V box, called up and got the Box and Smart Card activated, but I see an Ld:20 error, she said it will show Ld:20, Ld:30, Ld:40 then work... it's been over an hour

So was she wrong in saying you can have two connections to Virgin media (that are the same) ... if this makes sense ?

Thanks' =)

Ben B
22-10-2009, 17:54
The upstairs point probably isn't connected in the omnibox on the front of your house. Ring faults tomorrow and say your TV isn't working and they'll send an engineer to fix it :)

marky_91
22-10-2009, 18:00
Thanks'

is this something they'd do for free... ? After all it's only the Virgin M tv... bascially Freeview with iPlayer for BBC, ITV and Channel 4

It might just be easier to get them to move everything upstairs, then no need for engineers as you'd think it would only be changing a couple of settings on their servers ?

Thanks - I see you're on their 20MB connection too =)

--edit:
Tired the box with the connection downstairs, it worked within a couple of minutes, thanks' for the help. I'll ask them to reactivate the old connection, and have both or move the WiFi etc. upstairs.

=] We're getting Sky1 also ? So I'm not sure what Television Package it is, they said it's M - on their website it says only Sky3

Thanks' again for your help - that connection must be inactive

Ben B
22-10-2009, 18:49
It must be M+ if you're getting Sky 1 which is £5+ a month extra I think. It's not on their server, it's the box on the front of your house (usually white or brown I think) the wire for the upstairs mustn't be connected in there to the main feed. They do it for free if it's a fault hence why I said ring up and say it's not working.

marky_91
23-10-2009, 17:42
Thanks' for the advice, I did what you said.

=) The man in CS said that they shouldn't have cut the upstairs one off, so their sending around a technician to see if it's broke

it will be free because we already have port. Thanks' again for the advice their coming Wednesday early morning

- looking forward to watching Sky & iPlayer(s) in bed =) Not bad for free

Ben B
23-10-2009, 20:12
You get BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, 4 on Demand and Virgin1 Player. The Sky player isn't available on Virgin unfortunately.

Peter_
23-10-2009, 20:16
You get BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, 4 on Demand and Virgin1 Player. The Sky player isn't available on Virgin unfortunately.
Methinks you are tired Ben he did not mention Sky player, but Virgin on demand beats that face down anyway;)

Ben B
23-10-2009, 21:01
Methinks you are tired Ben he did not mention Sky player, but Virgin on demand beats that face down anyway;)

Yeah he did, you're the tired one :D

- looking forward to watching Sky & iPlayer(s) in bed =) Not bad for free

Peter_
23-10-2009, 22:36
Yeah he did, you're the tired one :D
He did put a & sign in between though, so both kind of right;)