PDA

View Full Version : Installation Tomorrow

RB800
15-10-2009, 09:23
Hi everyone,

I am hoping someone can help me. Tomorrow I have a the second attempted virgin media installation coming to my house for an XL TV, Internet and Telephone package.

Previously I had waited 3 weeks for an installation, and on the day, the enginneer didn't turn up at my house or even try to contact me. I spent over an hour on the phone at about 6pm to numerous customer service representatives, one who said she would 'text' him because they don't have contact numbers for enginneers, another who said they'd just called him and that he was delayed, and then a third which said that in the notes, it says that the enginneer arrived at my house, no one was in, tried phoning me and got no answer, so couldn't carry out the installation. All 3 o these responses seemed completely made up, and I know for a fact that the third responce was a load of rubbish.

The best that they could do was re-schedule my installation date, a further 20 days later, which is tomorrow.

Please could someone advise me how I can ensure that they actually bother to come to my house? I desparately need internet services, and we've no tv or telephone package either.

Kind regards,

Ricky

webcrawler2050
15-10-2009, 09:33
Hi everyone,

I am hoping someone can help me. Tomorrow I have a the second attempted virgin media installation coming to my house for an XL TV, Internet and Telephone package.

Previously I had waited 3 weeks for an installation, and on the day, the enginneer didn't turn up at my house or even try to contact me. I spent over an hour on the phone at about 6pm to numerous customer service representatives, one who said she would 'text' him because they don't have contact numbers for enginneers, another who said they'd just called him and that he was delayed, and then a third which said that in the notes, it says that the enginneer arrived at my house, no one was in, tried phoning me and got no answer, so couldn't carry out the installation. All 3 o these responses seemed completely made up, and I know for a fact that the third responce was a load of rubbish.

The best that they could do was re-schedule my installation date, a further 20 days later, which is tomorrow.

Please could someone advise me how I can ensure that they actually bother to come to my house? I desparately need internet services, and we've no tv or telephone package either.

Kind regards,

Ricky

Give VM Customers a quick call to confirm.

Sounds like the above is a pile of BS - unless they have an automated texting facility.

RB800
15-10-2009, 09:36
Give VM Customers a quick call to confirm.

Sounds like the above is a pile of BS - unless they have an automated texting facility.

Ok, I will do that.

Absolutely, and even if they did. It was 4pm when they said he'd be an hour, then at 5pm, they said he was delayed, then at 6 they said that in the notes it said he'd been and gone at 2:30 :(

webcrawler2050
15-10-2009, 09:41
Its BS - sounds like he ran out of time or something and whoever you rang was feeding you a pile of cow patt.

RB800
15-10-2009, 09:45
Its BS - sounds like he ran out of time or something and whoever you rang was feeding you a pile of cow patt.

I've just spoken to them now,

They said that it is definately down for tomorrow, the installer will be given a job number tomorrow, so if I phone up tomorrow I can find out what job number it is, they can contact the engineer by telephone, and there should be no reason why it isn't installed... just like last time!

webcrawler2050
15-10-2009, 09:51
Yeah - probably ran out of time or something last time.

Good luck. Let us know how you get on. If you PM one of the mods your details they might be able to speak to some of their contact higher up VM.

RB800
15-10-2009, 09:57
Ok, I will do that.
Cheers mate.

RB800
16-10-2009, 09:35
My installation is today.
I've just phoned them up, and they can't give me an estimated time, only between 1 and 6pm. They can't phone the engineer, they can't give me a contact number for the engineer. All they suggest is that if by 4 they've not come, I phone up and speak to the installation department who can contact the engineer to ensure that he will come to my house. (Oh, so they can contact the engineer?)

What can I do? Other than sit in my lounge all afternoon with my fingers crossed waiting and hoping that someone actually turns up this time?

Peter_
16-10-2009, 10:35
My installation is today.
I've just phoned them up, and they can't give me an estimated time, only between 1 and 6pm. They can't phone the engineer, they can't give me a contact number for the engineer. All they suggest is that if by 4 they've not come, I phone up and speak to the installation department who can contact the engineer to ensure that he will come to my house. (Oh, so they can contact the engineer?)

What can I do? Other than sit in my lounge all afternoon with my fingers crossed waiting and hoping that someone actually turns up this time?

They have more than one install to do in that timeslot and they cannot give you an estimated time of arrival due to the possibly being issues at at previous property that delays him significantly.

All youcan do is await his arrival and usually they will call to let you know their arrival time.

I am awaiting delivery of a new bed and the delivery slot was 7am till 1pm today and they have just called to say they will be here in 30 minutes.

Be patient it will be worth it.

RB800
16-10-2009, 10:45
They have more than one install to do in that timeslot and they cannot give you an estimated time of arrival due to the possibly being issues at at previous property that delays him significantly.

All youcan do is await his arrival and usually they will call to let you know their arrival time.

I am awaiting delivery of a new bed and the delivery slot was 7am till 1pm today and they have just called to say they will be here in 30 minutes.

Be patient it will be worth it.

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply. I understand what you are saying, but please take into account the experience which I have had with Virgin Media already, and understand my concerns.

I just wish I could speak to someone higher up at Virgin Media who can do something about this. The customer service which I have recieved since joining Virgin Media and waiting for installation has been unbelievably poor - Virgin Media staff over the phone have also said that this case seems very rare, and that it is not on... But I've still had to wait over 2 months for the installation, and I'm still sat here worried that they're just not going to turn up, for the second time. :(

webcrawler2050
16-10-2009, 11:26
Hi there,

Thanks for your reply. I understand what you are saying, but please take into account the experience which I have had with Virgin Media already, and understand my concerns.

I just wish I could speak to someone higher up at Virgin Media who can do something about this. The customer service which I have recieved since joining Virgin Media and waiting for installation has been unbelievably poor - Virgin Media staff over the phone have also said that this case seems very rare, and that it is not on... But I've still had to wait over 2 months for the installation, and I'm still sat here worried that they're just not going to turn up, for the second time. :(

If it's between 1 & 6 - then it's between 1 & 6 - they can't give you a bang on time and in my mind, they shouldn't. In my eyes, you need to sit back, stop fretting and causing yourself to be stressed.

What can they do in reality?

Just wooooossssaaa

dizzi
16-10-2009, 11:54
Having learnt from the past when I did have real problems getting engineers doing no-shows - I always try to grab the morning appointment slots then at least if there are any problems you've got the afternoon of the day you've inevitably had to take off work to chase things up, rather than trying to get sense out of the system at 6pm at night when everyone's on going home mode.

horseman
21-10-2009, 05:21
I am awaiting delivery of a new bed and the delivery slot was 7am till 1pm today

At last the truth comes out - non arrival of engineers caused by "sleeping on the job"! :dunce:

Peter_
21-10-2009, 07:48
At last the truth comes out - non arrival of engineers caused by "sleeping on the job"! :dunce:
I am telephone Tech Support but my bed did arrive within the time slot.;)

Quiet_news
23-10-2009, 17:49
Did this fella get installed?

Peter_
23-10-2009, 19:07
Did this fella get installed?
No complaining post so I would assume so;)

horseman
25-10-2009, 08:41
I am telephone Tech Support but my bed did arrive within the time slot.;)

Thanks for the clarification - and I naively thought the "on hold queue" music was for the customers entertainment and not to hide the snoring... :dunce:

Peter_
25-10-2009, 12:07
Thanks for the clarification - and I naively thought the "on hold queue" music was for the customers entertainment and not to hide the snoring... :dunce:
For entertainment and to show that the line is still connected as we are very busy at peak times.

Gavin78
29-10-2009, 16:35
Just wondering but if you are not in when they come is there not a charge of £25?

Peter_
29-10-2009, 16:36
Just wondering but if you are not in when they come is there not a charge of £25?
Its £10

Gavin78
29-10-2009, 16:50
So if an engineer says you weren't in when you know you were as stated by the guy in this post how does that work out?

Peter_
29-10-2009, 16:52
So if an engineer says you weren't in when you know you were as stated by the guy in this post how does that work out?
If you were in and the was a no show by the engineer we credit £10 to you and if you get billed and you dispute any charges then you call in.

Precision
24-11-2009, 13:23
I am sorry for the people who have experienced installation troubles and delays with VM. This was my experience with them, I booked a V+Box installation on 31/10/2009 for install on 23/11/2009 between 1.00 and 6.00pm. They rang on Saturday 21/11/2009 to confirm appointment for following Monday when an engineer came at 1.40pm and completed the job around 2.20pm so no complaints there. A problem developed during the afternoon which I could not correct and rang 150(free call) late Monday night, effort was made 'online' by the guy on the phone to correct the problem but failed so he arranged an engineer to call Tuesday, given the choice of 8.00 to 12.00 noon or 1.00 to 6.00pm I took chose the early time. Engineer arrived around 10.30 and sorted the fault by 11.00. and left. The saying goes "if you get bad service tell 20 people, get good service tell two people" so I'm trying to correct the balance by telling the world wide web.
I would like to address this next point to Moldova, as I forgot to tell the engineer who called this morning. I have followed the procedure to activate the volume controls on my VM+Box remote control (home-help&info-help with remote. and the rest) but, as yet with no results. My TV is a Panasonic TX32LXD80, there are no less than 20 four digit codes listed for Panasonic TVs I have tried about ten of these codes and I'm beginning to lose the will to live. Is there anyone out there who can advise please?
Kind Regards
Precision

Peter_
24-11-2009, 19:19
I would like to address this next point to Moldova, as I forgot to tell the engineer who called this morning. I have followed the procedure to activate the volume controls on my VM+Box remote control (home-help&info-help with remote. and the rest) but, as yet with no results. My TV is a Panasonic TX32LXD80, there are no less than 20 four digit codes listed for Panasonic TVs I have tried about ten of these codes and I'm beginning to lose the will to live. Is there anyone out there who can advise please?
Kind Regards
Precision
I am Broadband Support so do not have a clue about TV codes.

on in an hour!
24-11-2009, 20:39
you have to try them all...thats why theres so many of them..so many different models by same manufacturer means many different codes,could be that yours is a model that hasnt had the codes put on yet!! good luck anyway ;) there did used to be a generic one to try when all else failed but i cant remember it,someone will be along who knows it or you could start another thread

Precision
26-11-2009, 19:42
Hi 'on in an hour'
Thank you for your advice on setting the volume control on the Virgin remote control (my post 24/11/2009) if it helps any member the code for the Panasonic TX32LXD80 is 0005.
Kind Regards
Precision