PDA

View Full Version : Photos of recent successful installations?

sj985
12-10-2009, 20:18
Hi again! :)

Following on from my initial questions re: completely fresh install...

My install date is the 21st October - really excited but also anxious as I have heard many stories about shoddy/cowboy installs from VM in comparison to Sky.

When my Sky was installed last year, the install was very swift and very neat. I was most certainly a satisfied customer by the time the installer had left. Sadly, I am not so confident about cable installations, due to the nature of the install it seems slightly more complicated (e.g. underground cable vs wall mounted coax from minidish).

Has anyone had a recent install from VM that went particularly well? If so, would you be able to upload a few pics so I know whether my expectations are unnecessarily high or low, and just so I know what an install usually looks like, as I have not really seen an install close-up before...

I appreciate that different houses / environments will attract differing installation methods, but I just want to get a visual flavour (?) of how stuff looks like between the omni-box and the kerbside CATV point.

Any help would be much appreciated! :)

nodrogd
14-10-2009, 19:59
Photos? Theres nothing to see really. If they are coming across a garden they will open the ground to about 6 inches and drop a green conduit down. They then pull the cable from the nearest street cab through the tee at your boundry and then through the conduit to the omnibox. If they've layed under grass it might die back initialy but soon recovers.