PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade fail

bbxxl
12-10-2009, 19:04
I did have 20Mb BB and was very happy but, being greedy I decided to upgrade to 50Mb
The installer turned up about 2 this afternoon to inform me that they were out of stock of the router but he would upgrade me anyway and they would deliver the router later on in the week - not a good start.
He then installed the modem and rang up to get it activated.
When it didn't work he rang back to be told CFT is down and they couldn't activate my modem.
I am now without broadband. :(

Pontiac
12-10-2009, 22:00
Just so you know, I had an upgrade on Saturday and although it all works correctly I was also told my router is to follow as it is out of stock.

chickendippers
12-10-2009, 22:44
Router isn't a massive issue as your current router will work fine, although you won't get 50Mb over wireless g. But being left without internet really isn't acceptable; here's the complaint form: https://help2.virginmedia.com/assets/customer_zone/complaintformCZ.html

webcrawler2050
12-10-2009, 22:56
Unfortunate timing to be honest - they will credit you for the "downtime"

bbxxl
13-10-2009, 08:31
Credit me with the downtime? Yippee
After holding for 20 minutes last night I got put through to someone who tried to activate my modem, couldn't so tried to put me through to the 'dedicated 50Mb team'. I was, of course, cut off.
After phoning back and getting the waiting time is 20 minutes message I immediately got the 'we are to busy to take your call, phone back later' message and was cut off again.
I phoned back this morning and got told they still can't activate anything. That was, of course after the message about the fault in the Luton area telling me that was the situation at 4pm and would be updated at 8 pm.
If they do not get this sorted today I will be cancelling and going to Sky - I know their BB isn't as fast but at least they care about their customers.

davedarave01uk
13-10-2009, 09:59
Just to let you know, If you go with Sky avoid Sky connect as you will be throttled to bits.

bbxxl
13-10-2009, 22:19
Apparently I can't cancel just because they don't provide BB as they provide TV and phone and they work.
Also my existing contract was only taken out in April (when I moved house) and the 'new contract isn't in force yet so I can't can'y cancel without paying off the contract.
30 hours after their server supposedly went down it still isn't working.
I would be sacked if a server was down afor more than a couple of hours without a backup taking its place.
Virgin have escalated my call to a team that they can't contact, that provide no information and I am supposed to just wait until they deign to contact me.
They think this is Customer Service?