PDA

View Full Version : virgin internet ipod touch

figgyburn
11-10-2009, 22:40
guys, just bought the above ipod today. i was told that it would find a my network easily and bob's your uncle. cannot get anything. can any of you guys
give me advice.the one thing which may be stopping it is that the netgear wireless router is the basic one which virgin supplied and will "only support one pc connection". does the ipod count as a second pc?. if so would i need to get a better router from virgin?. cheers for any help.john

webcrawler2050
11-10-2009, 22:42
guys,just bought the above ipod today.i was told that it would find a my network easily and bob's your uncle.cannot get anything.can any of you guys
give me advice.the one thing which may be stopping it is that the netgear wireless router is the basic one which virgin supplied and will "only support one pc connection". does the ipod count as a second pc?.so i would need to get another better router from virgin?.cheers for any help.john

Hi there. Could you please reformat that - I had a hard time, understanding / reading any of that

Peter_
11-10-2009, 23:09
guys,just bought the above ipod today.i was told that it would find a my network easily and bob's your uncle.cannot get anything.can any of you guys
give me advice.the one thing which may be stopping it is that the netgear wireless router is the basic one which virgin supplied and will "only support one pc connection". does the ipod count as a second pc?.so i would need to get another better router from virgin?.cheers for any help.john
If you have a Virginmedia supplied Netgear WGR614 wireless router then you can have more than one wireless device connected to it at once.

But are you actually looking at the supplied modem with a single ethernet port, if so you will need to purchase a separate wireless router in order for your Ipod to connect to the internet,

figgyburn
11-10-2009, 23:47
the router is a wg602 v3.

Milambar
12-10-2009, 00:00
The WG602 is NOT a router, it is a stand-alone wireless access point only. (I have 2 of them).

Unless you have an actual router as well, all it will do is pass the IP given to the modem, through to the wireless device, meaning that you will only be able to connect ONE device.

Peter_
12-10-2009, 08:20
the router is a wg602 v3.
As Milambar says you do not have a router so for wireless access for your Ipod you will need to purchase one.

figgyburn
12-10-2009, 09:33
sorry guys complete novice. can virgin supply me with one or will i have to purchase one from them. or can i just go to pc world and buy one. do you not have to have one authorised by virgin?. i assume the netgear wgr 614 would be fine. thanks for the help.john

RobboEdin
12-10-2009, 09:37
sorry guys complete novice. can virgin supply me with one or will i have to purchase one from them. or can i just go to pc world and buy one. do you not have to have one authorised by virgin?. i assume the netgear wgr 614 would be fine. thanks for the help.john

...but in the meanwhile, he should at least be able to test out his iPod connection by making it the only wireless connected device.

zing_deleted
12-10-2009, 09:39
please do not buy one from pc world.

Give vm a call and if they will supply you one we will point you in the right direction