PDA

View Full Version : how long will it take from installation day for me to have to pay my first bill

coiled_viper_kee
10-10-2009, 16:12
hey guys im new to virgin media and getting thetv/bband/phone package i have received my contract to sign last week and sent it back on the same day signedn and all finished, now virgin are calling round to my house on monday afternoon between 1pm and 6pm to install my services i have 2 questions tho i was wondering if anybody could help me out with 1: i was looking through the little booklet ireceived with my virgin welcome pack and on the bills section it told me that for instance if my virgin were to be installed on the 1st of the month i would be billed on the 11th for a months service so am i correct in assuming that they will take the money for my first bill ten days after install so technically with me having it installed monday which is the 12th i will make my first payment on the 22nd october?

also just another query i am also receivng the 20mb fibre optic broadband as part of this deal i have received the wireless n router they have sent me through ups and have it ready for monday i do not have a desktop pc but do however have a hp up to date laptop running on windows vista which has various usb ports and also has a ethernet port for any wires needed to connect but i have ethernet ports on the back of the router so i can hook my laptop to the router wirelessly right? its just so as i can play ps3 online via ethernet cable can virgin media 20mb be installed with it being a laptop?

apologies for rambling on and the lack of punctuation

thanks in advance any help would be very much appreciated cheers