PDA

View Full Version : Everything went down?

odriscoll
10-10-2009, 16:04
Hello. I was happily sitting at my laptop around 1pm this afternoon when my internet went out, i look up and my TV stops working and now the phone is out (no dial tone or anything). I have rang Virgin Media and they are sending out a technician but the earliest date is Tuesday and i really can't wait that long. Right so on my modem the power light is solid and the sync light is flashing, that is all that is showing on that. On my router the power light and the wireless light are solid but every now and then the internet light (the I with the circle through it) goes amber the back to green.

I have checked all my cables and they are all connected properly so i am stumped as to what it could be. Just hoping someone on here might be able to help to save waiting for a technician.

Thank you.

---------- Post added at 15:04 ---------- Previous post was at 14:59 ----------

Oh yeah forgot to say the enet light on the modem is also solid.

Graham M
10-10-2009, 16:07
Have you tried powering everything off and putting it back on?

odriscoll
10-10-2009, 16:08
Yes tried that but no luck.

Graham M
10-10-2009, 16:09
OK, a few weeks back I had the same symptoms and they corrected themselves within a few hours, so fingers crossed it'll come on pretty soon

webcrawler2050
10-10-2009, 16:09
Yes tried that but no luck.

What area are you in? Have you tried to VM National Faults line?

odriscoll
10-10-2009, 16:11
Hopefully so mate. I will just keep turning it back off and on every hour or so if nobody has a fix for it.

---------- Post added at 15:11 ---------- Previous post was at 15:10 ----------

What area are you in? Have you tried to VM National Faults line?

Yeah tried them and the only fault in my area is to do with outlook express or somthing. The guy on the phone even said there are no problems in my area, weird.

webcrawler2050
10-10-2009, 16:22
Hopefully so mate. I will just keep turning it back off and on every hour or so if nobody has a fix for it.

---------- Post added at 15:11 ---------- Previous post was at 15:10 ----------

Yeah tried them and the only fault in my area is to do with outlook express or somthing. The guy on the phone even said there are no problems in my area, weird.

Sounds like there may be a fault. Keep trying what you just said..

banjo
10-10-2009, 19:41
My broad band has just come back on after being off all afternoon

odriscoll
10-10-2009, 20:42
Same here mate just came back on about an hour ago, weird.