PDA

View Full Version : Received DIR-615 for VM 50 meg?

Toilet-Duck
08-10-2009, 19:08
Hi,

Just received my free router from the engineer today, is this the router VM are giving out now? I thought they were supplying a different one...

It seems to be running slow when I plug my PC in via the router only receive 30 meg via wired, disabled qos still the same.

Soon as I plug in direct I get 50 meg again, perhaps I should try to update the firmware?

Peter_
08-10-2009, 19:13
That is the latest router that Virgin supply even though some people are still receiving the Netgear WNR2000, try updating it as it is a standard D Link router so any firmware upgrades will work.

dogsiwoo
08-10-2009, 20:17
You are not alone Toilet Duck - ours is the same - 30-40mb tops through Router.

We have also found the range to be terrible compared to our old Linksys WRT54G

Also it doesn't support NAT-Loopback which for some is a pain in the proverbial...

Logan
09-10-2009, 14:20
Ah just made a post with a similar problem. When plugged in directly I get near enough 50mb. But when I go via my DIR-655 it drops to more like 35-40mb.

Gotta be some settings within the router holding it back. Will try the supplied router next and see what happens.

---------- Post added at 14:20 ---------- Previous post was at 13:19 ----------

Ah just made a post with a similar problem. When plugged in directly I get near enough 50mb. But when I go via my DIR-655 it drops to more like 35-40mb.

Gotta be some settings within the router holding it back. Will try the supplied router next and see what happens.

Well tried the supplied DIR-615 and I'm getting the correct speeds. So my problem is definitely with the DIR-655. Although, I believe, its a better router then the DIR-615, for some reason its just not giving me the correct speed.

I'm sticking with the supplied DIR-615 for now until I can figure out why the DIR-655 is not playing ball.

tweedie
09-10-2009, 15:59
That is the latest router that Virgin supply even though some people are still receiving the Netgear WNR2000, try updating it as it is a standard D Link router so any firmware upgrades will work.

cant seem to upgrade firmware on mine as the hardware version isnot listed on the d-link website

dogsiwoo
10-10-2009, 23:47

The FW version on ours is "1.00VG" - does this mean it is the very first FW and that I should update it? I think DLink list 4.something on their site...

Logan and tweedie - what are your current FW versions? (Shown in top right of the DLink Admin pages on the router)

Just curious to see if it's a FW problem :)