PDA

View Full Version : im returning..... BUT

chrisjackson1985
08-10-2009, 19:03
Hey guys,

I am returning, all services are to be connected in 6 days, next wednesday.

however, its already started frustratingly bad.

we came off NTL/Virgin in 2005 and paid our final bill, which they then sent us a letter saying we now have 0.00 balance. (sadly, we dont keep such letters for years)

all clear, no phone calls or letters since then, our service was paid-up. ;)

since then, we have been a sky customer for our t.v, sky broadband and then currently into our 15 month with O2 broadband.

but, when ordering, they said we have an outstanding balance from 2008!

yes, you heard me correctly... 2008! #

i tried to explain to them that i havnt had their service since 2005, but they want me to write a letter to their concerns dept in swansea to get the matter sorted.

i kept explaining, over and over that how can i have a £56 bill from 2008 when your own computer screens tell you that ive not had the services since 2005.

their customer services guy even told me we had paid up in 2005 and he can actually see this on his screen, but then also mentions a flashing outstanding balance that was from 2008.

at that time, i would have been still on SKY tv and erm... starting o2 broadband i think or there-abouts.

through all this time, ive been a BT customer for my phone line, which they should know, as thats what you need for sky and o2 broadband.

its commen sense to me, that if their own computer screens say i was on the service in 2005 and paid my final bill to £0.00, how can i have a bill in 2008 for £56?

they say they 'understood' but would not scrap it to being their fault, unless i write in and complain, disgusting service if you ask me!

anyway, after a few hours, they managed to put my order through as i would put it in my name and not my fathers, but they are still adament the £56 outstanding balance stands, even if our service ended 2005 and their computer screens tell them this also! - heck, the guy told me this himself, his words.

so, .... not a good start im afraid guys. :erm:

due to myself working in the business authority for the NHS, i have a good understanding of how things work, and will send a 'nice' little letter to them, to have my fathers 'dept' cleared immediately as their mistake is liable for prosecution, due to the fact it is lowering my fathers credit rating/score.

what do you think guys, has anyone ever experienced such things with these people before?

im really fuming right now, and maybe i will calm down a bit in a few hours, but i know im in the right, and they shouldnt be allowed to rip people off like this.

anyway, im hoping for the best for this to get sorted, and im hoping there will be nothing wrong with my service when it arrives in 6 days.

XL tv with movies and sports
2x HD boxes
XL unlimited landline
50mb Broadband.

hope the future is more positive. :)

Russ
08-10-2009, 19:14
Let me know if they fail to drop the demands for the £56 - we have high-level contacts at VM who can look in to this for you, they don't mess about. If there's a mistake they'll find it.

Peter_
08-10-2009, 19:17
Let me know if they fail to drop the demands for the £56 - we have high-level contacts at VM who can look in to this for you, they don't mess about. If there's a mistake they'll find it.
Follow Russ's advice and send him your details and it will be sorted out for you.

chrisjackson1985
08-10-2009, 19:21
well, they are failing at the moment, it ruined my whole mood for the day, i was happy, i was ordering 'everything', the sales guy told me my credit rating was 'excellent' and everything was moving swifty, i got a discount on the hd boxes, and then THUMP, 2 hours of phone calls, passing onto different people, ring backs, voicemails, very stressing i must say.

i got passed onto one guy who was extremely rude to me, basically through an address at me for swansea and said bye.

later i got a voicemail from the original guy i was speaking to who was actually quite plesent to me and couldnt understand either why i paid up in 2005, my balance was £0.00 and yet i have a £56 outstanding bill in 2008, yet he spoke with someone and allowed my order to go through, yet he said the £56 on my fathers name still remains.

its really quite disturbing how a 2008 outstanding bill can appear, when we was with totally different companys at the time.

i dont mean to be rude to anyone, but this is pure common sense, if someone isnt on the service, how can there be a bill?

because the CS guy told me i paid up fully when we left, which is correct, we did.

---------- Post added at 19:21 ---------- Previous post was at 19:20 ----------

Follow Russ's advice and send him your details and it will be sorted out for you.
what does he want to know?

is it safe to tell him things?

I know its only £56 and not alot of money, but its the fact of asking to pay for something you havnt had, something they can clearly see we havnt had, they should ask themselfs 'are we sending things to them down the cables, are they using them?' was they with BT and sky in 2008, they are simple things.

Peter_
08-10-2009, 19:22
what does he want to know?

is it safe to tell him things?
He is a Moderator and I believe part owner of this site so yes I would trust him as I work for Virginmedia as well.

Just use the sendPM link at the bottom of his post to ask him directly what he requires from you.

chrisjackson1985
08-10-2009, 19:42
hey RUSS,

ive sent you a long PM.

ive tried to explain everything, just like i have in this thread.

but after being told years ago we had paid up, and again today told by Customer Services that we paid up, how can a bill appear in 2008 when we have had no services, we have been on SKY and BT since that time.

Charlie_Bubble
08-10-2009, 21:12
ha ha They've already started as they normally mean to go on. Let this be a warning to you. You should turn around and head for the hills! :)

chrisjackson1985
09-10-2009, 12:40
ha ha They've already started as they normally mean to go on. Let this be a warning to you. You should turn around and head for the hills! :)
thats not v.nice, they cant be that bad, surely this is just a mix up, even if i do think its unacceptable, im hoping the guys on here will help me sort this.

Russ
09-10-2009, 12:41
I've been told your issue is currently being dealt with.

chrisjackson1985
09-10-2009, 12:48
awesome RUSS, keep me posted if you will.

are they aware of my situation and the fact after i paid my final bill i havnt been on their service?

Russ
09-10-2009, 12:52
They will contact you before they contact the site. Due to confidentiality they won't tell us anything regarding the issues we send them. All we get is a response to say the matter has been received and allocated and finally an email to tell us it's been resolved. We don't get told any details of the issue or what was done to resolve it.

chrisjackson1985
09-10-2009, 14:06
cool, if its already being dealt with, i should expect a phone call soon? :)

chrisjackson1985
10-10-2009, 01:24
i shall wait for more information on that....

another question though regarding the services ive ordered,

"We'll also include a wireless "N" USB adapter for your PC (please note this adapter isn't compatible with Macs). This is because most PCs with built-in wireless generally only come with wireless "G" adapters - and these can normally only handle speeds of around 20Mb. So, to make sure that you can get the maximum from your 50Mb service we're throwing in the adapter too. But please remember if your computer is over 5 years old it may only support USB 1.0 devices. If this is the case, wireless performance will be limited to a maximum throughput of 8Mb."

I have 2 PC's though, what happens about the 'we will supply you a wireless adapter' kinda thing?

moaningmags
10-10-2009, 02:18
They only give you one adaptor, you want more you'll have to pay for it.

Electric Warrior
10-10-2009, 04:01
I know its only £56 and not alot of money,.

Not for you maybe :rolleyes:

chrisjackson1985
12-10-2009, 13:00
I've been told your issue is currently being dealt with.

I've still yet to hear any news, have you russ?

Russ
12-10-2009, 13:11
As I said earlier you'll hear anything before we do. But keep in mind it's only the start of the week.

chrisjackson1985
13-10-2009, 21:28
Why do they only give 1 adapter though, surely alot of ppl have more than 1 machine these days.

Also, I've heard they charge £30 for an extra one, I could get a PCI card for less than that, they should gimme 2, I don't believe they pay that price for them.

Anyway, they are coming in the morning, hope all goes well! :)

I'm looking into buying a pCI card for my machine if they don't give me 2 adapters, I saw a edimax one for less than £30 and it had 3 aerials. Lol