PDA

View Full Version : BB down for 24 Hours!!!!!

marty.mcfly
08-10-2009, 12:19
:mad:

I live in the PO3 area. (Portsmouth) and have had no BB since 1430 (Wednesday) and still nothing now? Is this really acceptable. Phoned Virgin support line yesterday and spoke to somebody that couldn't really give a damm and told me "yer mate, back at 8am Thursday". Hmmm 8am rolls around and still nothing.

does anybody know anything? Website says no updates since last night

What are Virgin up too? There customer support is the worst ever!!!

Thanks

MovedGoalPosts
08-10-2009, 12:45
Perhaps it's worth another phone call?

marty.mcfly
08-10-2009, 12:47
Perhaps.. Just not willing to wait on the phone for ages to speak to another numpty at there call centre

Peter_
08-10-2009, 12:55
Perhaps.. Just not willing to wait on the phone for ages to speak to another numpty at there call centre

If you want an update you will need to call in for it as you will not get the information you require on here.

We are very busy at the moment and peple have to queue to talk to an agent.

marty.mcfly
08-10-2009, 13:00
Hello Moldova,

Am I right in saying that you work for Virgin Media?

Why should I talk to someone that will tell me rubbish and inacurrate information like last time. He was very rude and unhelpful. Shocking service.

I posted on forum to see if anyone in the PO3 area was on forum that might know something.Having no internet for over 24 hours is pretty bad..

webcrawler2050
08-10-2009, 15:37
Hello Moldova,

Why should I talk to someone that will tell me rubbish and inacurrate information like last time. He was very rude and unhelpful. Shocking service.

I posted on forum to see if anyone in the PO3 area was on forum that might know something.Having no internet for over 24 hours is pretty bad..

Well it happens sometimes, every company has issues, seems the only way is to ring. Maybe if you speak nicely, you might get somewhere.. granted some of them, might be "numpties" but they deserve respect. I couldn;t stand being a frontliner on the VM support desk.

marty.mcfly
08-10-2009, 15:48
Yes I do agree that every company has issues, but surely the key is to update the customer with accurate information that is up to date either by a phone message/email or web update. I wouldn't have minded but there were mixed messages out there. As a customer I also deserve respect which i clearly did not get from VM support. It does sort of make you realise when situations like this happen that there are better ISP out there.

webcrawler2050
08-10-2009, 15:57
Yes I do agree that every company has issues, but surely the key is to update the customer with accurate information that is up to date either by a phone message/email or web update. I wouldn't have minded but there were mixed messages out there. As a customer I also deserve respect which i clearly did not get from VM support. It does sort of make you realise when situations like this happen that there are better ISP out there.

Well, thats easier said that done, if engineers are working on it and finding the fault etc and they havn't updated the service desk, then the frontliners can't give an update. I'd rather, the techies fix the issue rather than prance around giving updates every so often. Tell me the issue, go fix it, come back to when it's fixed.

Actually, 24 isn't that bad and yes, there maybe but none that can offer what VM offer, so I welcome you to try the likes of Talk Talk, BT etc, but I would put money on it, you will come back to VM with " your tail between your legs" :)

Also: Automated support status line: 0800 953 2000

marty.mcfly
08-10-2009, 16:12
lol, thats made me laugh at least. ;o)

webcrawler2050
08-10-2009, 16:33
lol, thats made me laugh at least. ;o)

Well, i'm soryr but it's true, no one out there can give you what VM does :)

bomber_g
08-10-2009, 16:43
The other thing to remember is occasionally there are problems that affect literally thousands of people

if you have a call centre with a hundred staff that suddenly gets 5000 phone calls due to an outage, it can be very difficult to get the exact details of a problem communicated out to every member of staff - e-mails tend to get ignored when you have an angry person shouting out you ;)

I agree there should be a better way of communicating large scale problems to people, and I'm sure if could think of an effective one I'd be a millionaire

---------- Post added at 16:43 ---------- Previous post was at 16:39 ----------

Well, i'm soryr but it's true, no one out there can give you what VM does :)

Have to agree with you =D considering the scale of the customer base (3,500,000 cable modems or something) the number of outages and genuine faults that get logged is tiny.

Peter_
08-10-2009, 19:09
Hello Moldova,

Yes I do work for Virgin in Broadband Technical Support and as in every walk of life you do get agents like the one you spoke to who tend to give the wrong impression.

I post here in my spare time and will always try to offer help in the same way as over the phone, but not in as much detail due to legal constraints put in place to protect you and me.

If you spoke to me I would endeavour to find out what the issue was and tell you what the timescale to resolve it will be if possible.

The are many other agents who work as I do so please call in for help and advice when required.

nffc
08-10-2009, 19:46
http://status-cable.virginmedia.com/vmstatus/serviceissue.do?ticket=1098796

Mine was down earlier for about 45' as well. I just plugged in my 3 stick though.