PDA

View Full Version : xxl bb install

aoighean
07-10-2009, 22:27
just upgraded my cable package and should have had 50mb installed today.
well he never turned up at 1-6 i phone at 5.55 to be told he was on his way
so i waited till 7.30 then phoned again now have been told that the earliest date for install is 5th of november :shocked: surely that can't be right
i've lost a days work waiting for them now have to take another day off and to top it all off i have to wait 4 weeks :mad:

jungleguy
08-10-2009, 23:24
believe it or not, the engineers that do 50mb broadband installs are in-house.....not subcontractors!!!! and this is not an uncommon problem.

Apologies

Paul-V6
03-11-2009, 14:37
It sounds like this is a common theme :mad:

I rang Virgin around the 6th October and requested to be upgraded to 50Mb broadband from 20. I spoke to "Hong?" who confirmed an installation date of 3rd November between 1pm and 6pm.

I have booked the afternoon off work and whilst at home I got this feeling that I should call Customer Services and see if my upgrade was booked. Guess what!!

The call centre representative told me no installation was booked, there was no record of any request to upgrade my broadband and he stated that my records show i called to enquire about an upgrade.......

He could provide no excuse as to how no upgrade had been requested on my account. The earliest date for installation now is the 24th November (give or take 7 weeks after requesting)
I still don’t feel confident that everything has been booked properly, is there a UK Customer call centre i can call to check? Also is it right that I can claim some sort of credit for this sort of incompetence?

Sorry for my first post being a rant.:)

mikegreen
04-11-2009, 09:29
just upgraded my cable package and should have had 50mb installed today.
well he never turned up at 1-6 i phone at 5.55 to be told he was on his way
so i waited till 7.30 then phoned again now have been told that the earliest date for install is 5th of november :shocked: surely that can't be right
i've lost a days work waiting for them now have to take another day off and to top it all off i have to wait 4 weeks :mad:

You can claim for your wasted time.

I had two instances of no-show installs :td:

Think it's a tenner they owe you?

luellin
17-11-2009, 23:51
the 50mg is a inhouse thing unless its a new install then the subies (installers me) comes out we will always be there on the day well in my area we are but i think other areas have issues with late working but were a well oiled system were i work thing is us subbies come out and do all the hard cabeling for the soft inhouse boys to waltz in and just connect you up problem is most times we have to chase after the inhouse boys to get there close to wen we are leaving wich is not always possible but best for customers. we have had on several occasions made the job nd done all the cableing for the bb and other services installed and the inhouse service guy didnt show to install the modem. what happens then the customer badgers us installers for info we try get them to call them back but if they dont the customer is left to call in and complain witch for some wierd side of VW will be blamed on Us installers even though we had been there and done our job as we were the last tech at the property. i believe VM should fork the bill and get the subbs to install the 50mg bb and you wouldenty have these issues at all.

i know its fustrating and VM needs to iron out these issues but badger them if you somehow have one of the subs numbers from your install ask them for the head of service in there areas number and then badger them lol they love it so much they get the job done