PDA

View Full Version : VM 50 MB problems lol

Daz_O
06-10-2009, 22:21
Hi All

Cant believe i have only just found this site.

Ive had no end of trouble with VM over past 6 years or so.

My Latest being upgraded to 50MB Took 2 Modems and 5 hours to get installed lol

Now today i wake up to no connection

Then it comes on at 3.2 mb a sec lasts for about 4 mins then dies again

I spoke to india who told me i needed a different level of support tried transferring me and cut me off.

I then rang back waited another 30 mins another india department he then successfully transferred me

Engineer did all the tests he could and basically said i need moving up in the green box outside my house

Which i then find out im going to have to wait 3 Days for an engineer so i have to put up with a 4 minute at a time connection for 3 days TOTAL BS

I have filed an online complaint but im still awaiting reply and am lost as to what else i can do :(

Downstream

my Power Level
(dBmV) is 5.82 5.68 5.70 5.43

RxMER
(dB) 29.23 29.27 29.44 29.44

Upstream

Power Level
(dBmV) 56.50

Whatever that means lol.

Oh and im in midlands Rugeley

Anyone else having same prob?

pigpen
06-10-2009, 23:26
Looks like your RxMER readings are a little low, they should be greater than 30dB.

The engineer should be able to sort that out for you.

pazor
07-10-2009, 09:25
Complain to customer service during the day, they gave me the month i was having problems with free of charge. If there is a problem with your line i dont see why you should pay for it.

Daz_O
07-10-2009, 10:07
ye i will do

just tried ringing them again to see if they can get an engineer out sooner to no avail.

when on 20mb u get engineer same day/next day go onto 50 mb u have to wait 3 times longer lol

Typical how its this week im working from home.

Stephen
07-10-2009, 12:28
ye i will do

just tried ringing them again to see if they can get an engineer out sooner to no avail.

when on 20mb u get engineer same day/next day go onto 50 mb u have to wait 3 times longer lol

Typical how its this week im working from home.
I think in reality the wait for an engineer is just by how busy they are not because you have 50MB.

Ignitionnet
07-10-2009, 14:04
I think in reality the wait for an engineer is just by how busy they are not because you have 50MB.

Apparently only principal service techs go to 50Mb faults which might explain the delays.

Daz_O
11-10-2009, 13:42
Finally Sorted

Engineer came Friday couldnt fix the problem
Another Engineer Came Saturday replaced a few old boards in the green box outside which seemed to do trick.