PDA

View Full Version : Are "faults" raised by VM always faults?

Retrovertigo
04-10-2009, 22:51
Following on from my speed problems in manchester, I again asked on the support newsgroups as to why speeds were bad. As midnight on Saturday night, I was still only getting 3meg on my 20meg line (as I type this it is down to 2meg).

They are now telling me: After monitoring the network for utilisation a fault was raised on the 29th under reference : F001090760 for the ubr you are attached to with-cmts-04 This is know with our capacity team for investigation.

Should I take heart from this? Or is it them saying "your line is busy, this makes it sounds like we are doing something about it". It gives me some confidence up until the final part where capacity team is mentioned.

Also, how do you follow up faults when they list a fault number? Thanks

edit: I'll post back here when I hear back from an area manager tomorrow. He tried calling me on Sat but I missed him. This is after I complained on VM's twitter page. They sent back a decent reply and said they would get a manager to call me, and low and behold he has attempted to.

I used their twitter after yet again they ignored an email from me through their contact page online. They haven't ever responded back to me via email at all. Disgusting. I have an email ready and waiting to fire off to CISAS after I hear what the area manager has to say.

webcrawler2050
04-10-2009, 22:56
To follow up, simply ring tech support and give them the reference number.

Give them a ring, first thing tomorrow..

Retrovertigo
05-10-2009, 02:16
I notice is a thread started earlier, that someone was advised their power level was a little high. Mine is now hovering at 9.3dBmv

It went as high as 12 I think it was, a while back and VM installed a couple of attenuators adding up to 7dBmv. Even with those still on I am back up to over 9 as I say. It did stay around 3 or so for a while. No idea why it has gone right back up.

I told tech support on the support forums, but they shrugged it off as an issue. Yet when I first had problems, they claimed around 10dBmv was causing me issues. Sigh