PDA

View Full Version : 50Mb Install Query

nighthawk
02-10-2009, 11:49
Hi All,

Finanly took the plunge and phone up about 2 weeks ago to upgrade to 50mbit. Everything was fine & the install is booked for next Thursday (8th).

Anyway yesturday before i left for work i notice the ready light on my modem was blinking (10mb ntl250). I didnt have time to look at it so i just switched it of & left for work.

Got home about 10pm last night & switched everything back on, the modem locked on fine but after about 15mins of use the ready light started blimking again.

Phone CS and got though to broadband support, the guy stated that it looked like a mistake had been made on my account and that my current service had been switched off a week to soon. He put me through to Customer support and i was told this was normal practice & that it was normal practice to disconnect the old service a week early to allow for the upgrade.

I have since spoken to a neighbour who had 50mb installed a couple of weeks ago & his exsiting service was not cut off a week early. Can someone advice what is correct?

thanks,

steve

highway1
02-10-2009, 13:04
my net was still on as was using b4 installed the 50 meg service .
he rang them to change my order to the 50 meg modem.
plug in modem and 50 meg . same wire coax all he done is checked and cut 20cm of and put a way thing in white box new one. and 2 way spiltter for modem and tv and all was ok.

most on teck line tell u wrong info.

50 meg is unltd as from day / 6 meg a sec download on odd site . tomorrow no one as said yet.
capped no date or time yet.

dd11
02-10-2009, 13:23
Thats odd, my 20mb was on right up untill the day the 50mb tech arrived.
(Then virgin cut all my services off for 32hrs because my VM account had gone over there credit limit because of the 50mb install & activation charge :S ...annoying!)

highway1
02-10-2009, 13:35
booked for next Thursday (8th). ur get some credit back ( line rental )
if ur over ur ltd then i dont think ur get installed?

£20 activation £30 installed if u not ordered by 30th/9 .

i got installed on 8/sept/2009 . bill unsure they never said a ltd on my account .
are u a student?