PDA

View Full Version : Broadband with no phone

zaax
01-10-2009, 00:18
A friend would like to go on to VM broadband but does not need a phone as he has 5 mobile phone and does not see the needs for another.

Does VM do that?

TheGodfather
01-10-2009, 00:42
Yeah it's fine mate :) I am on VM XXL Broadband with no phoneline

Ignitionnet
01-10-2009, 00:47
Yeah it's fine mate :) I am on VM XXL Broadband with no phoneline

Small distraction, sorry. Could you copy/paste me the charges from your bill please? Interested to see what they call the 7 quid discount.

Cheers.

pip08456
01-10-2009, 10:04
A friend would like to go on to VM broadband but does not need a phone as he has 5 mobile phone and does not see the needs for another.

Does VM do that?

It would be chaper to have the phone line as well and just not use it.

Milambar
01-10-2009, 11:56
Yeah, they do it. I used to get Broadband M with no phoneline, then one day when I upgraded to Broadband L, a sales rep pointed out it actually works out cheaper to take a Broadband/Telephone/TV bundle, than a stand-alone Broadband. Its really weird, but its true.

The price difference between a bundle and a standalone service is worth taking into consideration before making a decision.

joglynne
01-10-2009, 13:26
I also gives you the opportunity to make free calls to Virgin Media if you need to contact them. Just plug a cheap phone in when you need to use it.

pip08456
01-10-2009, 14:55
BB plus phone is good enough, don't need the TV add on. That'll be offered free 6 months down the line if you renew your contract.

As joglynne says just get a cheap phone and connect it only when you want to contact customer services or faults.