PDA

View Full Version : VM Dilemma..VM vs Sky +..help!

apm79
30-09-2009, 11:15
Hi everybody, new to the site today so would be really grateful for any help.

I'm in a dilemma. I have been given the oppotunity to sign up to VM Friends & Family offer meaning I get the seriously cool XL package much cheaper (who would not want that!) However...I am currently with Sky + with a decent BB package. I have no problem switching over to VM however I have an installation question.

At the moment my Netgear router is based upstairs in the back bedroom having run CAT5e from the external phone line entry point, and this works great. However when they install VM I want them to run a new BB cable directly to the bedroom rather than the living room (I don't want the router downstairs and have to sort out a wireless soloution for my PC upstairs). Can they do this or does it HAVE to be where the VM box comes into the house. I know they don't use any existing BT cabelling.

Please advise....

Andy

m419
30-09-2009, 11:40
Of course you can do that, I did, I got them to put new coax cable round the house. However I must point out, all installations and requests like this must be done on one visit, if you decide at a later date that you want the work done once your services have been installed you may have to pay a call out charge, so make sure you advise the installer where you want the coax cable.