PDA

View Full Version : Ongoing slow broadband speed. Nobody at VM seems to want to help!!

merton69
27-09-2009, 17:52
For quite a few months now my Bb has been more slow than fast. I have telephoned, emailed and used remote Assistance when I can actually get hold of an operator but still nobody at VM seems to know how to sort the problem out!

SUCH POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE WHICH I HAVE COMPLAINED ABOUT TOO!:mad::td:

Originally I was on ethernet/modem to my Mac G4. Then spent out upgrading to router as this is why they said it was slow, but still no quicker!

Last week I spent over SIX HOURS infront of the computer trying to sort out the problem with VM Tech Dept. The operator said I had 4-4.5Mb speed but it wasn't acting out that speed. We reconfigured and did many tests!

Another member of staff used a website called samknows.com and said that I won't get over 1Mb in my area and I should talk to Customer Services about re-adjusting my payment as it was too much for the speed I was getting!

When ever I get hold of Remote Assistance I get asked all the same old questions. Don't any of my calls etc, go on file/record? And usually it crashes so I never get an answer!!!

I have had a neighbour come in (works for BT) and fitted a up to date phone socket and agreed the power coming in was not being transferred to my Mac G4.

It appears that Remote Assistance are very much reluctant to file this as a FAULT and get somebody to call me and sort the problem out.

This has been going on since the beginning of the year now!

I am still waiting to hear from Virgin Media.:mad:

locutus1974
27-09-2009, 23:58
which speedtest are you using?
I use www.ispreview.co.uk and it seems to give accurate reulsts. had a few problems about 3 month ago, only getting 2.5 connection speed on a 10mb connection. Virgin sent an engineer out to check (when i rang asked to be put through to retentions and they sorted the engineer as the cs rep in india kept reading from the script as normal) told me he couldn't find a problem. however after he left about 2 hours later i was getting speeds of 9.25 meg and have been getting between 8.5 and 9.25 since.

merton69
28-09-2009, 12:18
Thanks Locutus!

I will have a look at that web page and get back to you!

But I think, and I am sure Virgin do, that they need to come out and visit me.

Nothing is going to be sorted between phone calls or their pathetic Remote Assistance:td: