PDA

View Full Version : Sky + recording to dvd?

steviemc
23-09-2009, 20:54
Since I got my Sky + box I can no longer record anything to my dvd recorder. I have tried 3 different dvd recorders and keep getting a recording prohibited message or something similar. Can anyone help as there are certain programmes I like to keep on dvd.

highway1
23-09-2009, 22:07
need a microvison remover

are u trying a box office movie/s? or normal channel bbc1?

steviemc
23-09-2009, 22:41
just the normal channels. I had no problem with my old box. This just started with the plus box I got recently.

highway1
23-09-2009, 23:35
just rang a friend the scarts are copy protected . need what i said to sort it out.

Tezcatlipoca
24-09-2009, 00:19
Are you trying to record the output of the TV SCART or the VCR SCART on the Sky+ box?

Are you trying to record live output or are you using the archive function?

You should be able to use the VCR SCART to archive stuff from the Sky+ box to a VCR (or, in your case, a DVD Recorder), that's what the function is for. It has to be real time archiving of stuff which is recorded though.

steviemc
24-09-2009, 06:06
I've tried recording without using scart, just throught he tv tuner and still no joy. Where do I get a microvision remover? I've tried recording the progeams as they happen and also pre recorded ones and noy joy either way. I appreciate all the help.

Turkey Machine
24-09-2009, 11:32
It's a "macrovision remover", and if you actually look at the back of the Sky+ box, you should be connecting the DVD recorder to the "VCR SCART", which is usually the bottom of the 2 SCART sockets. Either that, or the DVD recorder you're using really doesn't like you trying to record from Sky.

steviemc
24-09-2009, 18:12
Thanks guys, I've tried changing the scarts but still the same. It's really starting to annoy me. Any other suggestions?

highway1
24-09-2009, 19:15
1) get the the old box back .
2) keep on the v+ box .
3) get microvision remover
4) ring sky for help

Turkey Machine
24-09-2009, 19:46
1) get the the old box back .
2) keep on the v+ box .
3) get microvision remover
4) ring sky for help

Macrovision. MACROVISION. Macrovision! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macrovision#Analog_copy_protection)

Such articles would include:

http://www.consolesandgadgets.co.uk/catalog/macromaster-macrovision-remover-p-2119.html
http://www.sonel.com/macrovision.html

Bruster
25-12-2009, 09:54
Hi Gents,
I will welcome any information concerning this subject. I bought the Verbatim MediaStation HD DVR Multimedia Recorder 1TB; and I am struggling to make the right connection to my SKY plus box. I would like to record on my media recorder; but the connections are still an issue. Also, I have a DVD recorder which is already connected up and working.
The Sky Box has:
Coaxial
Optical
HDMI
Audio Video Out
S-Video
2x Scarts
Aerial in
RF Out-1
RF Out-2

The Verbatim Mediastation Recorder has:
Coaxial