PDA

View Full Version : New Build In Serviced Street

JamesWestBerks
23-09-2009, 09:25
Hello,

We have moved into a new build house on the end of a row of terraces. Our address doesn't exist on the postcode checker but the house adjoining us has an unused virgin connection. Is there any way this connection can be split or re-addressed to my house? Or am i destined to a life of freeview or bt vision? Tried the online form about a month ago and have heard nothing. Phoned customer services and got a generic "computer says no". Please can someone put me out of my misery. Already missed too much football this season.

BenMcr
23-09-2009, 10:12
Phone Sales and they will send out a 'Spotter' to check

Or fill this form in http://allyours.virginmedia.com/forms/unserviceableLeads.html

JamesWestBerks
23-09-2009, 10:49
Phone Sales and they will send out a 'Spotter' to check

Or fill this form in http://allyours.virginmedia.com/forms/unserviceableLeads.html

Done both of these already. No response from on line form and the sales line told me it was unserviceable. I don't see how. The cable from next door is just hanging off the wall by my front window. Can't the signal be split to form 2 from the 1? Or assign the unused and unprofitable line from next door into a used and profitable one at my house?

nodrogd
24-09-2009, 17:58
Done both of these already. No response from on line form and the sales line told me it was unserviceable. I don't see how. The cable from next door is just hanging off the wall by my front window. Can't the signal be split to form 2 from the 1? Or assign the unused and unprofitable line from next door into a used and profitable one at my house?

Virgin wont run a connection from someone elses property. I've seen numerous threads on this forum where shared connections have caused problems. The question is where the cable runs underground. If it runs to a tee at a shared boundry with your neigbour no problem as tee's can carry more than one cable, but I suspect the cable crosses your neigbours garden and ends at a tee elsewhere.

weesteev
30-10-2009, 09:58
Hi there, I would be happy to help if your looking to get a connection to your property. This may not have had infrastructure put in place when the house was built so technically it isnt active, thats where my team come in.

Drop me a line if you need any assistance!

Best Regards

jungleguy
30-10-2009, 17:23
Hi there, I would be happy to help if your looking to get a connection to your property. This may not have had infrastructure put in place when the house was built so technically it isnt active, thats where my team come in.

Drop me a line if you need any assistance!

Best Regards

you really are behind target!!!

Sir John Luke
30-10-2009, 20:30
You stalking weesteev?