PDA

View Full Version : V+ and additional box installation query

dizzi
21-09-2009, 13:41
We've just signed up to get V+ put in and the additional (old) box in another room dealie they've been plugging in mailshots recently. Currently everything Virgin related comes in from the outside of the house through the wall, to a box under the bay window and the cables are laid loosely around the back of furniture to the TV cabinet/modem (we requested they didn't attach them to the wall as it's a rented house).

When they come to fit the V+, we want the old box to go upstairs and I'm wondering how they're going to accomplish this - it would seem easier for them to run up the outside of the house and put the cabling in through the wall upstairs, but I'm having visions of cable wires tacked up the stairway wall, under carpets and everything - not quite sure how they're going to do it and workmen coming in scare me generally!

How do they generally go about running cable into another room?

oliver1948uk
21-09-2009, 13:44
In my experience, if possible (ie not to a back room on a terraced house) they go up/round outside walls then through the wall at the point where you want the white box on the inside.

dizzi
21-09-2009, 13:52
Yeah that's what I'm hoping - they'd go up the outside wall, in almost directly above the existing downstairs hole, and around the back of the bed to where the box will be located - otherwise with the layout of this place it's likely to look hideous.

jamiefrost
21-09-2009, 14:04
That's just what they did with my installation 2nd cable up the wall and then through the wall. Both entry points are prtically above each other.

JJ