PDA

View Full Version : Can any VM Engineer please help me out. Third fault on 50Mb in two weeks.

loiphin
18-09-2009, 16:28
Hello,

I have come to this forum as a last resort to try to get someone in 3rd level support that can fix this pesky recurring problem. In the last two weeks my 50Mbit service has gone down three times.

Each time it appears that the "4th channel" does not sync properly. This causes all the lights to light up solid blue on the modem, except the tick light which continues to flash. The other 3 channels are fine, and of course the TV signal is unaffected. When the problem first occured the VM techie swapped out the modem, but this made no difference. He then left without being able to fix the problem. Later that day the service came up again. VM did something remotely to fix the issue.

It has happened twice more and it is incredible frustrating to have to talk to the 1st level support and explain the issue. Then they want me to reboot my pc and power cycle the modem, whereas I know fullwell that the problem lies within the VM network.

Is there anyone in VM that can help me get to the bottom of this issue once and for all? I am happy to divulge more detail in a PM. My service has been down since this morning (Friday 18th Sept, in the KT6 Surbiton area).

I do networking for a living (CCIE), and would love someone to give me a technical explanation as to why this problem is occuring.

Thanks very much,

loiphin.

Nedkelly
18-09-2009, 22:08
Post the modem specs from 192.168.100.1 downstream info and upstream info :)