PDA

View Full Version : The Internet is no compatible with Mac OSX! - DAM!

BenRichards
17-09-2009, 14:26
Having a problem with my BB at the moment which i know is not anything my end..

Have just been onto phone support (india) and have been told that the internet is not compatible with Mac's!

someone better tell Steve Jobs asap!

Ignitionnet
17-09-2009, 15:00
You guys screwing the Internet up for us good honest Windows users.

If you really wanted to cook his noodle you could have mentioned that OSX is Linux based, as are most home routers ;)

Billy-Bob
17-09-2009, 15:06
I'm actually quite glad that Virgin think that Macs don't work with "the internet" - it means they don't even try to foist crapware like PC Guard and V Stuff onto us like they do with PC customers. Let's keep it that way!

Hugh
17-09-2009, 15:14
You guys screwing the Internet up for us good honest Windows users.

If you really wanted to cook his noodle you could have mentioned that OSX is Linux based, as are most home routers ;)

Thought OSX was based on BSD, one of the Unix variants ;)

Stuart
17-09-2009, 15:18
Thought OSX was based on BSD, one of the Unix variants ;)

It is.. A fact that made our old Unix admin very happy..

Ignitionnet
17-09-2009, 16:07
Hmms yep very accurate, I have gotten into the mindset of equating Linux and Unix which is not good, not good at all :(

Stuart
17-09-2009, 16:15
Hmms yep very accurate, I have gotten into the mindset of equating Linux and Unix which is not good, not good at all :(

Good for winding both Linux and Unix fans up..

Ignitionnet
17-09-2009, 16:26
Good for winding both Linux and Unix fans up..

Good point. Every cloud does indeed have a silver lining.

Graham M
17-09-2009, 16:44
I'm actually quite glad that Virgin think that Macs don't work with "the internet" - it means they don't even try to foist crapware like PC Guard and V Stuff onto us like they do with PC customers. Let's keep it that way!

Noone HAS to install that rubbish anyways, I only ever installed the CD when I first got NTL BB in 2001, but then, I didn't know any better :)

mikegreen
17-09-2009, 16:52

Have just been onto phone support (india) and have been told that the internet is not compatible with Mac's!

That is a cracker! :p:

Should I report the fact that it's working on my Mac as a fault do you think?

Chris
17-09-2009, 16:58

Did you laugh down the phone at him?

Tech_Boy
17-09-2009, 18:02

I think that you'll find that a Computer built by Apple is a PC, as PC stands for Personal Computer, I think that you meant "Windows customers":D

Graham M
17-09-2009, 18:28
Tell that to "I am a Mac and I am a PC" It's even truer now that Macs are based on x86 hardware

Billy-Bob
18-09-2009, 23:07
I think that you'll find that a Computer built by Apple is a PC, as PC stands for Personal Computer, I think that you meant "Windows customers":D

You are, of course, quite correct.
Still, when there are literally thousands of brands of personal computer that ship with Windows, and only one which ships with OS X, it's a convenient label.
Perhaps, to be more precise, we should all call Windows Computers, "WCs" - I know mine became a bit of a sh**ter when it had the misfortune to meet Windows Vista.;)

Welshchris
19-09-2009, 18:24

Tell VM to check their own site lol

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/broadband/faqs.html#5

Near the bottom!

Peter_
19-09-2009, 18:38
Tell VM to check their own site lol

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/broadband/faqs.html#5

Near the bottom!
Oh I think that all onshore staff know this and are also aware how how easy the average MAC user call can be if the caller is a seasoned user, the only issue is when they have just bought one to be fashionable:D