PDA

View Full Version : virgin

bone1640
10-09-2009, 10:11
Hi, i have a BT phone line and virgin media adsl interent at my house, i had a corded phone and both worked perfectly fine. But a couple days ago i bought a wireless phone and plugged in etc...and now i cant get my phone to work at the same time as having the internet plugged in as the internet just looses its signal.. i was wonderering what i can do to get them to work? as dint realise a wireless phone would affect it.

But when i first got the interent we had the same problem but changing the adsl filter fixed it.

Any help will be great.
Thank you

BenMcr
10-09-2009, 10:12
I've only seen that if the ADSL filter isn't on the line, or is incorrectly connected

bone1640
10-09-2009, 10:20
but at the minute to get my interent to work, i have the adsl filter in the socket with only the interent cable in as had to unplug the phone cable to get any signal on the internet. But they worked fine together when had a corded phone. its confussing

Kymmy
10-09-2009, 10:22
Have you tried plugging the corded phone back in to see if that still works?

If it does then for some reason the filter doesn;t like the wireless handset, have you another filter to try?, perhap more seperation between the handset and the filter might do the trick?

bone1640
10-09-2009, 10:47
i just tried the corded phone again but still wont work. I cant get them to far away as the cables aint that long really.

Kymmy
10-09-2009, 10:50
If the corded phone doesn;t work then it's not a fault with the new handset.

Remove everything from the master socket and try each phone one at a time.Also try the DSL modem with no phone attached.. If they all work then it's likely to be the filter or any extensions you have..

bone1640
10-09-2009, 10:52
well at the minute i have the interent plugged in the adsl filter on its own as thats the only way it works at the minute. The phone has been working perfectly.

Kymmy
10-09-2009, 10:55
Might be a broken filter then

bone1640
10-09-2009, 10:57
its seems to always be the filter as when first got the interenet netgear sent the router and had the same problem so we changed the filter and worked fine and now its happened again. Could this be a bigger problem if the filter is always breaking?

Kymmy
10-09-2009, 11:08
Doubt it (unless they tend to go within a day or two of each other).. There's just a couple of passive components in there... Got 4 of them here as most DSL modems always came with a couple of them, too bad I'm on cable now.

Perhaps it's worth while getting a couple of them off ebay or from a shop and always having a spare available..

bone1640
10-09-2009, 11:13
i suppose might be best to get a few. But stupid that they always keep going really. but there cheap anyway so its not to bad.

Kymmy
10-09-2009, 11:17
When you say "They always keep going" perhaps a timeline would be more helpful in determaning whether it could be a fault elsewhere..