PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading BB through "Package Builder" online

haydnwalker
10-09-2009, 09:36
Hi guys,

I've searched the forum for this but found nothing so far so thought I'd post a thread...

I have recently decided to upgrade from 10Mb BB:M to 20Mb XL.

So, I went to the website, and went through the "existing customer" section and built my package, which was the same tv, same phone, but upgraded broadband.

I received a confirmation email stating they would get back to me within 48hours (I did this on a Saturday night so 48hrs started Monday morning) but still (Thursday) I've heard absolutely nothing...

Is this normal? Should I contact them and attempt to do it again?

What I don't want to happen is, that I contact them and the CS Rep says "your order hasnt gone through" and then I re-order, only to find that the original order has gone through and I'm charged double for installation, as I've heard some strange things happen in VMs billing system...

Any thoughts/comments would be helpful :)

Thanks

BenMcr
10-09-2009, 10:13
What I don't want to happen is, that I contact them and the CS Rep says "your order hasnt gone through" and then I re-order, only to find that the original order has gone through and I'm charged double for installation, as I've heard some strange things happen in VMs billing system...
That can't happen.

I would phone them.

Druchii
10-09-2009, 10:25
The system will only allow for one set of broadband, so surely you should be fine? :)

haydnwalker
10-09-2009, 14:00
The system will only allow for one set of broadband, so surely you should be fine? :)

I'm aware of that... though they could charge me twice for the priviledge :)

I think I'll give them a call as suggested! Thanks :)

---------- Post added at 14:00 ---------- Previous post was at 13:43 ----------

OK So... I've just phoned to upgrade to 20Mb broadband (I pay £36.50/month for phone:m, BB:M and TV:M+) and the CS Rep said it would be an Extra £17/month for the BB alone!

Although the online package builder says it would be £36.50 (inc line rental)... How does this work, as the website doesn't say it was just for new customers or that the discounts lasted 6 months (as this is what the CSR told me).

Though if I upgraded my TV and BB it would only be £4.50/month extra.

I'm kind of disappointed about this...and the CSR was unwilling to do anything else, I don't really want to go down the Retentions route just yet though (I'm considering the £40/month) but I wouldn't pay £52/month for the same thing!

broadband man
10-09-2009, 14:02
always best to phone to upgrade